News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dell is working on all-AMD laptops featuring Renoir successor codenamed Cezanne, Navi23 iGPUs and high-quality displays

Started by Redaktion, April 24, 2020, 16:03:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Dell has not yet officially announced any Renoir-based laptops, and rumor has it that we will not only see Renoir-based laptops, but models powered by the Renoir successor codenamed Cezanne, as well, next year. Cezanne will get a Navi23-based iGPU and is supposed to be AMD's answer to Intel's Tiger Lake-H. Dell's Cezanne-H laptops will additionally feature high-quality FHD and QHD displays with high refresh rates.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dell-is-working-on-all-AMD-laptops-featuring-Renoir-successor-codenamed-Cezanne-Navi23-iGPUs-and-high-quality-displays.462616.0.html

MBV

Sounds good. Hope we see more AMD options. With the screens options there is also hope they combine it with good dGPU like an Ampere 3060/70m or RX6700m.

Most I would like to see an XPS15 / 17 with an 5900H and a RX6500 / 6700. Would be an instant by to replace my XPS15 9560. Less excited about Comet Lake or even Rocket Lake if still on 14nm...

The less consumption and heat of the 7nm AMD CPU would leave room for the RX6600 RTX3060 option... Or at least a RX6500 without throttling as it does now...

John Doe

This is some budget laptop again.

I'd be curious to know why no OEM wants to pair up an AMD CPU with a high-end Nvidia card? Is it just the budget perception AMD built up in the laptop market over the years or there are some other limitations (like e.g. Intel deals) in play?

Lucas

Let's hope AMD does not push driver support to OEMs, they did this once and only recently changed their policy, but their drivers still need naturing. That is a serious issue for me as laptops do not receive much support and some issues may never be fixed..

william blake

what we do know about tiger lake energy efficiency? nothing, no leaks, not a single hint of improvement over ice lake. this means current renoir>tiger lake.

Stefan C.

Give me OLED or give me death. Can't wait to see how AMD handles OLED displays on laptops, with Intel/Nvidia combo your laptop is forced to Optimus without a choice to disable it cus' only intel drivers can handle OLED panels ATM.

waldojim

Well, I don't know about others here, but next years products dont mean anything to me. I am in the market for a new machine today. Either AMD finds an open to ship a product worth buying this quarter, or I end up with another damned Intel rig... Come on AMD get on these oems!

Alex544

Quote from: Stefan C. on April 24, 2020, 19:03:32
Give me OLED or give me death. Can't wait to see how AMD handles OLED displays on laptops, with Intel/Nvidia combo your laptop is forced to Optimus without a choice to disable it cus' only intel drivers can handle OLED panels ATM.

OLED on a Windows machine?
Now that is death... for the laptop.

william blake

Quote from: waldojim on April 24, 2020, 20:01:58
Well, I don't know about others here, but next years products dont mean anything to me. I am in the market for a new machine today. Either AMD finds an open to ship a product worth buying this quarter, or I end up with another damned Intel rig... Come on AMD get on these oems!
Well, I don't know about others here, but i bought plenty of intel laptops before,3 of them was amd, others-intel, intel, intel..all the time. (mostly people or offices bought them by my reccomendation i mean) but this is the breakout year. im so pissed of this s*** that in the future years i will try not to recommend intel products if possible. :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview