News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

What is going on with the Asus Zenfone 7?

Started by Redaktion, April 23, 2020, 23:05:27

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The positively-received Zenfone 6 was launched right about a year ago, but there doesn't seem to be much information on its successor, the Zenfone 7. In a world dominated by quad-digit-priced flagship phones, that's a right shame.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/What-is-going-on-with-the-Asus-Zenfone-7.462054.0.html

KSto

And you can't find a Zenfone 6 for sale in the states. I've been on the lookout for it. I have a 5z but I'd like to upgrade sometime.

HAYS ZIEMAN WALLER

I was looking forward to it as well until I just read it will have an LCD again. Why???

Maztitos

This article sums up my feelings perfectly!! I remember being quite a bit fascinated by the ZF6 last year, but wasn't ready to upgrade at the time since my OnePlus 6 was hardly a year old at the time... But since another year has passed, my camera, battery, and silicon feeling a significant amount more dated...I look over at the OP8 family, and can't help but wince at the loss of the jack and notification LED, as well as the massive increase in price... And then found myself looking back at the ZF6 again! A bummer about the LCD instead of an oled panel, but it checks off so many other boxes for me that I can't help but still really love it! I only hope that the ZF7 continues the trends that the 6 started...

Looking at ASUS' Twitter pages and how they continue to promote the 6, I feel like the 7 is still an eventuality? I hope it's sooner rather than later for sure!

Lars Jansen

I still think the Zenfone 6 is the best phone ever. I would buy it again if my current one would break right away. Yes, it's an LCD, but I'm really not bothered by that. The photos are perfect, the screen is perfect, the battery is STILL perfect, it just works. And if that is not enough, the Asus branded Android is also perfect. No bloatware and even functions that I needed root access for on any other phone. Like out of the box phone call recording. It's just amazing. If Asus would release a Zenfone 7, I won't buy it anytime soon, since my Zenfone 6 is still perfect for me.

Aceomron

I have zenfone 5z and I'm happy but I was looking forward to an upgrade to a zenfone 7 if it's going to be released... And I was hoping that could stay around 500 euros price

Deep Dhinker

I suspect that a lot of new products will be delayed due to the virus restrictions. With people out of work, their disposable income has evaporated. So, it's not the best time to debut a new product (unless it's a webcam, toilet paper, or hand sanitizer).

Wedc

I am happy with a not release yearly, give a phone s lifetime of 2 years at least, because on this market world, you buy a phone but only get the year of life on maybe update.

Marion Purwins

I agree with above owner post, the ZenFone 6 is still amazing! I can't believe it's been a year already....still in love, and the camera is so fun. Works great for all the zoom meetings :)

macmac

I previously had Zenfone 3 and 5. I bought Zenfone 6 for photos and videos. I love this phone with no exceptions. This is the first phone that allows me to see me recorded using its best (="back") camera. I record videos for youtube and I am so happy I can see what I am recording. I use GoogleCamera for photos, it required tweaking but works perfectly and gives even better photos than the standard camera app.

I have only one specific complaint - it is not possible to fix exposure in the video recording mode in the standard camera app. It was possible with Zenfone 5... and I would like to sometimes fix exposure – in rare situations, but still it would be handy.

I guess I would not buy Zenfone 7 because Zenfone 6 was very expensive for me and I am fully satisfied with it.

Pyohuu

Zenfone 7 series will have 2 models, one is regular zenfone 7 with SD865 and another  is "Lite" with SD765 although I don't know the actual name.
They will be released in July or August.

ploppie

Zenfone 7 may come in july.

Away with the swiveling camera; two punch holes :(

Under display fingerprint reader :(

Zenfone 6  is going to be a classic!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview