News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Asus is refreshing the VivoBook 14 with Ryzen 5 4500U, Ryzen 7 4700U and Core i7-1165G7 models; NVIDIA GeForce MX350 inbound for Tiger Lake unit too

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 19:08:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Not only is Asus planning on bringing the NVIDIA GeForce MX350 to Renoir processors like the Ryzen 7 4700U, but it is also keen on doing the same with Intel's upcoming Tiger Lake-U series architecture. Coming in the form of a refreshed VivoBook 14, the Core i7-1165G7 and MX350 will be offered alongside Ryzen 5 4500U and Ryzen 7 4700U models.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-is-refreshing-the-VivoBook-14-with-Ryzen-5-4500U-Ryzen-7-4700U-and-Core-i7-1165G7-models-NVIDIA-GeForce-MX350-inbound-for-Tiger-Lake-unit-too.462183.0.html

william blake

A

Will they offer a discount model without the MX350? No point in wasting money, battery life, dealing with extra drivers and extra weight for virtually no improvement in gpu performance.

william blake

Quote from: A on April 21, 2020, 22:47:02
Will they offer a discount model without the MX350? No point in wasting money, battery life, dealing with extra drivers and extra weight for virtually no improvement in gpu performance.
plenty of ultrabooks with igpu around.
i guess mx350 doubles the performance of vega&tiger igpu whatever it called.

A

Quote from: william blake on April 21, 2020, 23:34:47
i guess mx350 doubles the performance of vega&tiger igpu whatever it called.

The MX350 is a gimped version of the GTX1050. Aka, it has worse performance than the GTX1050 by about 50%. And even the GTX1050 doesn't have double the performance of vega&tiger igpu.

The MX350 will give marginal performance benefit if any. It's simply manufacturers having contracts with Nvidia for X units and sticking them in to fulfill them. They make no actual sense.

william blake

Quote from: A on April 22, 2020, 03:21:59
The MX350 is a gimped version of the GTX1050. Aka, it has worse performance than the GTX1050 by about 50%. And even the GTX1050 doesn't have double the performance of vega&tiger igpu.
The MX350 will give marginal performance benefit if any. It's simply manufacturers having contracts with Nvidia for X units and sticking them in to fulfill them. They make no actual sense.
i am sure you have seen plenty of my arguments in integrated vs disctrete conversations. seems like all of them does not working.
for me these conversations(around the globe actually) became user vs fan conversations.
i do know how false 3d mark numbers and how sensitive to video settings igpus are,
i do know vega8 is vega 4 in reality, nearly twice as slow as overclocked desktop vega 8,
i do know lags and slideshow caused by shared tdp,
so on
all guys "igpu rules" i have faced are guys with faith, they are not talking what is better for them and why. they are just have hate/love relationship.
you say nvidia contracts? where was it a year or two ago? only vega 8-vega 3, vega 8-vega 3..
see, your statement is wrong
and please, at least read some numbers like this
https://pic1.zhimg.com/80/v2-306b4682efc3ac92f6a57bf37dd1a774_720w.jpg

Dan__EE

The AMD S14 is listed with DDR4 2666 on the ASUS wedsite. I would think it is a mistake. The AMD S15 is also listed with DDR4 3200. No new AMD S13 yet. The models are S14-M433IA and S15-M533IA

A

Quote from: william blake on April 22, 2020, 06:06:05
i am sure you have seen plenty of my arguments in integrated vs disctrete conversations. seems like all of them does not working.
for me these conversations(around the globe actually) became user vs fan conversations.
i do know how false 3d mark numbers and how sensitive to video settings igpus are,
The biggest issue for intel igpus has been lack of optimization by developers and Intel for gaming. For AMD it is less of an issue as they optimize their stuff due to their gpu lineups.

i do know vega8 is vega 4 in reality, nearly twice as slow as overclocked desktop vega 8,
Of course a lower power laptop part will offer less processing power than an overclocked higher power desktop part.

i do know lags and slideshow caused by shared tdp,
so on
all guys "igpu rules" i have faced are guys with faith, they are not talking what is better for them and why. they are just have hate/love relationship.
You seem to have a faith that all igpus are inferior, and that even a 30 year old dgpu can win against the best igpu simply because of dgpu faith.

No one is expecting crazy stuff from an igpu. There is no doubt an igpu is inferior to a modern dgpu. BUT, when a manufacturer takes an old dgpu, gimps it, that's a different story. At that point, an igpu can be competitive. Even if it won't win against that dgpu, it can still come within a few % to the point where the benefits of it becomes questionable.

you say nvidia contracts? where was it a year or two ago? only vega 8-vega 3, vega 8-vega 3..
see, your statement is wrong

I have no clue what you are talking about but most laptops came with MX150 or MX250 or 1650 a year ago. You'd be hard press to find vega.

ALOK KUMAR PANDEY

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview