News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Razer doubling down on Core i7-1065G7 Ice Lake even though the Core i7-10710U would have made more sense

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 18:08:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 2020 Blade Stealth will be coming with Ice Lake yet again which shouldn't offer much of a CPU performance boost year-over-year. Its new 120 Hz display option will definitely be the more exciting upgrade.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Razer-doubling-down-on-Core-i7-1065G7-Ice-Lake-even-though-the-Core-i7-10710U-would-have-made-more-sense.459422.0.html

william blake

every oem should be mocked with the questions
-why are you selling us a second tier, outdated cpus, as a first class product?
are you stupid or you insist we are stupid?

Me

Quote from: william blake on April 21, 2020, 18:50:06
OEMs have roadmaps for 3-5-7 even 10 years and most of them was planned with Intel long ago.
Maybe 5 years ago Intel was promissing them new great 10nm CPUs and they signed long term contract.

Intel screwed up with 10nm, but because of dominant position on mobile CPU market Intel can literally force OEMs to buy actual Ice Lake CPUs even if they are not the best choice right now and this Razer Blade could benefit from 10710U.

william blake

Quote from: Me on April 21, 2020, 19:35:12
OEMs have roadmaps for 3-5-7 even 10 years and most of them was planned with Intel long ago.
Maybe 5 years ago Intel was promissing them new great 10nm CPUs and they signed long term contract.
Intel screwed up with 10nm, but because of dominant position on mobile CPU market Intel can literally force OEMs to buy actual Ice Lake CPUs even if they are not the best choice right now and this Razer Blade could benefit from 10710U.
industry telling you that the worst product is better, what should yo do?
my suggestion
1. hahaha you are stupid
2. nono thank you, im not buying worse for more money
3. any media who are supporting this alice in wonderland type of madness, should go f*** themselve

S.Yu

Quote from: Me on April 21, 2020, 19:35:12
Quote from: william blake on April 21, 2020, 18:50:06

Why on earth would you think Intel's pushing Ice Lake over Comet Lake? Only the opposite would make sense because their 10nm capacity is even more constrained than 14nm and they have Tiger Lake upcoming. One should think that they'd want to make more newer products likely with higher margins with the same capacity.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview