News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS, Ryzen 7 4800H and Ryzen 7 4800HS dominate Intel in PassMark; even the Ryzen 7 4700U gets in on the action

Started by Redaktion, April 21, 2020, 14:08:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Even the Ryzen 7 4700U can outperform modern Core i9 H-series processors, according to PassMark. Similarly, the 35 W Ryzen 4000HS series processors hand out a whupping to Comet Lake-H processors like the Core i9-10980HK. We are yet to see what the Ryzen 9 4900H has to offer, either.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-AMD-Ryzen-9-4900HS-Ryzen-7-4800H-and-Ryzen-7-4800HS-dominate-Intel-in-PassMark-even-the-Ryzen-7-4700U-gets-in-on-the-action.462087.0.html

Rick

RinzImpulse

Quote from: Rick on April 21, 2020, 14:40:58
I wonder how small and thin an ultrabook can ben made with a 4900HS, without a discrete GPU.
The same thickness as any laptop with i7+MX150/MX250/MX350

What?

Passmark? In 2020?
I'm totally tired with those kind of benchmark whatsoever.

Real life usage is MORE than just that kind of "score" or "speed".
It is also about CPU features, the RAM and the disk also play big role .

My friends are using ASUS TUF with R7 3750H , they are not only do gaming but also programming.

For gaming, R7 is fine but?

When they code in Android Studio the compilation process is damn slow compared to the (even) older core i3 CPU.
And don't ask on how hard it is to seek for compatibility on handling virtualization with AMD.

Also, the newly Rz 4000 is probably great on paper.
On paper? Yeah...

Some of my lucky friends have ASUS Zephyrus 14 with R7 4800HS. This CPU is fast, BUT the SSD? Damn slow. It also quite loud on harder load.

The same also happened with Intel CPU .
Even with the same model like i7 9750H can perform very differently in different laptops with different configuration.

So, if you wish for benchmark for mobile CPU, do NOT look for "on paper benchmark". They are complete garbage.

You also need to see very specifically the laptop build and model.

That way you will find laptop that fit your need with best money you can throw.
Coz in the end we are buying laptop right? We don't buy only the CPU!

In my experience , mobile CPU comparison are NEVER fair and never even 90% accurate.

That's why if you need a total performance, go with desktop rig instead like mine.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview