News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Sony Xperia 5 II: New renders of Sony's upcoming compact flagship are breathtaking

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2020, 21:26:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Sony Xperia 5 II is expected to be Sony's first true compact flagship phone since the Xperia XZ2 Compact that was released in 2018. The phone is touted to sport a display in the region of 5.7", and new concept renders by Dutch outlet LetsGoDigital paint a compelling picture.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Sony-Xperia-5-II-New-renders-of-Sony-s-upcoming-compact-flagship-are-breathtaking.462070.0.html

JoeBlack

Hopefuly they do not destroy screen with a notch, but other than that, It would certainly be a better device than Xperia 1 II - in a way Xperia 1 II will be just one of many, but Xperia 5 II can be the only no-compromise compact phone of the whole 2020.

Xperia Fan

This looks amazing! If it's got a headphone jack and one of those new 7nm processors, I'm on board.

Nexus7

Why can't they just make a gimmick-free compact flagship? The compactness will help it stand out. This gimmick 21:9 or whatever bs ratio is no good for the people who want a compact phone (if they wanted to watch movies on it, they'd get one of the other phablets).

Always something gimmick or substandard with Sony phones. The last few generations it was their massive weight, then the long screen aspect ratio. And weirdly enough, cameras not on par with similarly priced phones.

S.Yu

In a word, impossible. This year for certain, but highly unlikely next generation also.

Devin

Looks like the phone I've been waiting for since the real SE came out. I hope it lives up to expectations.

pleasechill

Quote from: Nexus7 on April 20, 2020, 21:48:33
Why can't they just make a gimmick-free compact flagship? The compactness will help it stand out. This gimmick 21:9 or whatever bs ratio is no good for the people who want a compact phone (if they wanted to watch movies on it, they'd get one of the other phablets).

Always something gimmick or substandard with Sony phones. The last few generations it was their massive weight, then the long screen aspect ratio. And weirdly enough, cameras not on par with similarly priced phones.

I don't think it's a gimmick though, and they also couldn't help it since majority of manufactures went into this long screen ratio movement. To me it's quite useful to provide more internal space for battery while keeping the narrow body. Last year, Xperia 5 have 6.1" 21:9 display, which has 68mm width, really narrow compared to most flagship which went 74mm and above

Real

Lol why are renders always so horribly unrealistic? This article is click bait garbage.

James Wogglins

This video comes from some random youtuber who makes his own visions of upcoming devices for views / clicks / practice.
The video is NOT endorsed by Sony in any way.
BAD ARTICLE - NO JOURNALISM - PAY  ATTENTION NUGGETHEADS.

JoeBlack

Quote from: James Wogglins on April 21, 2020, 06:45:44
This video comes from some random youtuber who makes his own visions of upcoming devices for views / clicks / practice.
The video is NOT endorsed by Sony in any way.
BAD ARTICLE - NO JOURNALISM - PAY  ATTENTION NUGGETHEADS.
Come on ... it's stated in the FIRST paragraph of this article.
It's even in the title and repeated many times.

Compact

Last compact phone was xz2 compact with 5" display. And that's compact. 5.8" is just another big phone

Xperia5Owner

I hope Sony bloody brings back Xperia Transfer to Xperia 5 II, otherwise I wont buy it. It is not worth it re-setting up my phone again.

Google backup sucks.

Lionel

Why making a render when the basic things we know are not there ?
The volume buttons are not gonna be on the left, that's a nonsense Sony doesn't make.
The back cameras lack a ToF sensor, I highly doubt it'll have a punch hole (the only Sony phone that has a camera alerting the screen is the entry-level L4) ans the design is to much different from the 1 II. And we all know the 5 is generally a smaller 1.

That's just a concept.

Devin

Quote from: Compact on April 21, 2020, 08:06:49
Last compact phone was xz2 compact with 5" display. And that's compact. 5.8" is just another big phone

XZ2 Compact had huge bezels; a ~73.5% screen-to-body ratio. If the new phone is 85% screen, it'll be the same size.

_MT_

Quote from: Compact on April 21, 2020, 08:06:49
The XZ2 Compact had pretty sizeable top and bottom bezel. I didn't mind them but you should be able to pack at least 5.5" into the same body. Just a guess, you could do the math from body dimensions. Thing is, even the XZ2 Compact was a tad too large for a compact phone. Over the years, the Sony compacts grew and I think the XZ2 made the biggest jump, gaining 6 mm over XZ1 Compact. It was IIRC over a centimeter taller than SE. And for me, personally, that 5" screen was about as big as I could operate with one hand with good grip and without having to re-position. My thumb didn't get any longer or more flexible. That dictates the distance between the top-most and bottom-most points I can reach. But I can live with having to use both hands some of the time. I mean, I used to have a phone that was too small to fully use with one hand. And I never had a problem with it. Nice thing was that it fitted into the small pocket jeans have. Safely kept away from keys without taking up a big pocket.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview