News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Surface Go 2 confirmed to have a 10.5-inch display and thinner bezels; eMMC storage on the way too though

Started by Redaktion, April 20, 2020, 20:14:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Expected to be launched this spring, the Surface Go 2 is thought to be a minor upgrade over the existing model. While the Surface Go 2 will feature the same chassis as its predecessor, it will also have a larger display. Accordingly, the Surface Go 2 will get a resolution bump. eMMC flash storage will be making a return for the entry-level model though, apparently.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Surface-Go-2-confirmed-to-have-a-10-5-inch-display-and-thinner-bezels-eMMC-storage-on-the-way-too-though.462104.0.html

S.Yu

Ugh, what's the point of these digital junk again, they don't even make good kids' toys. They're like Android tablets from a decade ago.

TechShine

I would have liked to see a bigger processor bump with some memory options.    But overall, a solid piece of hardware.  I purchased the first model and I am surprised how much I use it and get done with it.  Solid piece of hardware for light to moderate workloads.  If you're performing massive calculations, gaming or trying to create the next Mona Lisa you will be disappointed.   Otherwise, handy, portable unit for a decent price.   

jeremy

Quote from: TechShine on April 21, 2020, 01:44:10[...] trying to create the next Mona Lisa you will be disappointed.   Otherwise, handy, portable unit for a decent price.   
I was going to ask if the pen input was good enough for art purposes, compared to an iPad or something similar.

S.Yu

Quote from: jeremy on April 21, 2020, 06:01:30
Quote from: TechShine on April 21, 2020, 01:44:10[...] trying to create the next Mona Lisa you will be disappointed.   Otherwise, handy, portable unit for a decent price.   
I was going to ask if the pen input was good enough for art purposes, compared to an iPad or something similar.
The digitizer quality is irrelevant when it lags at every creativity software you throw at it. If you're still interested then you should try it first hand, I've heard of strange compatibility issues between difference Surface models and Surface Pen models that shouldn't happen but do.
Also, for example XPS 13 2-in-1 that claims MPP support doesn't actually work with any Surface Pen.

Rico Mico

Quote from: S.Yu on April 20, 2020, 22:21:01
Ugh, what's the point of these digital junk again, they don't even make good kids' toys. They're like Android tablets from a decade ago.

you clearly know nothing about this tablet/PC. The Surface Go is able to run 64-bit with means no limitations on work, act as tablet (I am writing this on it with the Swype function) and even light video editing due to Quicksync which helps speed encoding. I travel a lot, I make my office work, home photos editing, show Netflix movies or shows at same time and then update my emails. Not only that but some games are possible

S.Yu

Quote from: Rico Mico on April 24, 2020, 16:46:46
Quote from: S.Yu on April 20, 2020, 22:21:01

you clearly know nothing about this tablet/PC. The Surface Go is able to run 64-bit with means no limitations on work, act as tablet (I am writing this on it with the Swype function) and even light video editing due to Quicksync which helps speed encoding. I travel a lot, I make my office work, home photos editing, show Netflix movies or shows at same time and then update my emails. Not only that but some games are possible
Uh, yeah, I suppose Windows Paint, Windows Photo and Pinball run flawlessly.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview