News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Intel Core i9-10980HK and NVIDIA RTX 2080 SUPER sweep aside the competition in 3DMark

Started by Redaktion, April 19, 2020, 00:49:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD may be impressing with its Renoir architecture, but Intel still has a stranglehold over the high-end laptop market. With NVIDIA seemingly reserving its RTX 20 SUPER GPUs for Intel-powered machines, they still may be the best bet if you are in the market for a high-end gaming laptop this year.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-Core-i9-10980HK-and-NVIDIA-RTX-2080-SUPER-sweep-aside-the-competition-in-3DMark.461912.0.html

william blake

QuoteAs much as AMD has nailed it with the Renoir architecture, Intel may still be the best choice for those who are looking to buy a high-end gaming laptop this year

no clue whats in your mind.
intel is the worst choice, they are outsider on the cpu market. slower, hotter, less efficient, cost more. there is one dominant architecture in the cpu market, in all segments-zen 2.
what is so difficult in telling us the truth?

william blake

Quote from: havefun on April 19, 2020, 02:31:28
how much intel pay for this?
i guess zero. none. :)
simply inertia of thinking, incorrectly chosen expressions and a lack of understanding of the technical situation. everything in a bit.

Ronald McDonald

So it scores higher on a graphics SPECIFIC test and you're comparing it to the nudered 2080, get a life, or at the very least I hope your boss does and wakes up to the fact that you're a dumbass.

Nikhil Das

Why OEM's are not seeing reviewers. They constantly are asking for AMD based high end laptops

Sharpman

@Nikhil Das

I've had my share of AMD woes caused by driver support, they even pushed the responsibility for APU drivers on the OEMs not so long age, fortunately they changed that decision, but the fact stays that some people lost their trust in the laptop segment, where device turnaround is quite high and support lasts for 2, maybe 3 years.

phila_delphia

So... one get`s payed by notebookcheck for those kind of "articles" made (up) based on some twitter post?

Wow! I am going to apply for a job with you notebookcheck!

Best regards

phila

P.S.: Where is the source that shows that 2080 super is reserved for intel processors? Oh wait - inserting "seemingly" will justify any clickbait!

David Söderström

Quote from: william blake on April 19, 2020, 02:15:10
QuoteAs much as AMD has nailed it with the Renoir architecture, Intel may still be the best choice for those who are looking to buy a high-end gaming laptop this year

intel is the worst choice, they are outsider on the cpu market. slower, hotter, less efficient, cost more. there is one dominant architecture in the cpu market, in all segments-zen 2.

What are you on. They constantly push articles that glorifies amd cpus. And right now there are only 2080s laptops with Intel cpus, ofc they are at the top in benchmarks. Ofc we'd like the cpus to be the best one out there,, but wtf would you expect from the makers of those laptops? Switching that hardware takes time even though reviews THE LAST FEW WEEKS says they made the wrong bet. Geez.... Grow up boys

Ssgsdhgzzfhczxvvvc

Quote from: David Söderström on April 19, 2020, 08:40:36

What are you on. They constantly push articles that glorifies amd cpus. And right now there are only 2080s laptops with Intel cpus, ofc they are at the top in benchmarks. Ofc we'd like the cpus to be the best one out there,, but wtf would you expect from the makers of those laptops? Switching that hardware takes time even though reviews THE LAST FEW WEEKS says they made the wrong bet. Geez.... Grow up boys
Man, don't bother with them. People these days are 30 years old but with minds of 5 year olds. They don't like to read. They don't understand how things work. But they always have an opinion. They are extremists. All of a sudden Intel has become an evil company that needs to die. Just stupid.
As you say, manufacturers take time to design a product. Intel has had high-end laptops forever, whereas AMD didn't. OEM s need the engineering help and instructions from the manufacturer to create a new product. They can't just copy what Intel has and change the CPU to AMD because you have to respect some rules.
Hate it or not, I think you won't be unhappy if you had this Intel laptop...

Alex544

sigh..
We've been through this already, haven't we?
When you're buying a laptop, you're not just buying a cpu. Screen, gpu, build quality, and cooling are all very important.
Let's look at the TUF A15. Good CPU, but TUF has a pretty record for reliability and the screen is terrible for gaming due to the response times.
G14 - Better screen (if 14" isnt too small... which it is imo for gaming)... but still ghosting.
G15 - Wow they finally got the screen right! Too bad it's a 2060 max Q which performs basically identically to a 1660 ti.
There is nothing wrong with NBC's statement, and I often disagree with them. Name a single upcoming laptop that can contest an i9-10980HK and RTX 2080 Super in gaming.
yea exactly.

Alex544

Quote from: phila_delphia on April 19, 2020, 08:12:45
So... one get`s payed by notebookcheck for those kind of "articles" made (up) based on some twitter post?

Wow! I am going to apply for a job with you notebookcheck!

Best regards

phila

P.S.: Where is the source that shows that 2080 super is reserved for intel processors? Oh wait - inserting "seemingly" will justify any clickbait!

it's just... common sense.
can you show me a single 3750H laptop with something better than an RTX 2060 for the GPU?

Alex544

Quote from: Nikhil Das on April 19, 2020, 06:10:15
Why OEM's are not seeing reviewers. They constantly are asking for AMD based high end laptops

They probably see that.
What you have to realize is laptops require a lot of planning. It's not as simple as desktops where you just swap out the motherboard and upgrade the CPU. It would take months for manufacturers to design an AMD laptop, basically from scratch. By then, next gen will be out and no one will want them anymore.

S.Yu

I'm simply wondering how many have postponed their purchase in anticipation of high end Zen2/3 based gaming laptops.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview