News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo's new Legion naming convention is an improvement, but it could be better

Started by Redaktion, April 17, 2020, 05:50:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Say goodbye to names like the Legion Y540, Y545, Y740, or even the L340 or T490. Lenovo wants to use fewer numbers to be more comprehensible and clear-cut to potential buyers who may not be familiar with Lenovo's older naming convention.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-s-new-Legion-naming-convention-is-an-improvement-but-it-could-be-better.461823.0.html

heffeque

Lenovo putting AMD on the cheap versions only. That's just sad. How much is Intel paying Lenovo to gimp AMD options?

Victor

And no 7i 17"? cant understand how the bigger chasis cannot be 7i like the Y740, its a pity for creators like me!

bejito81

seeing their pair best CPU with crappy GPU or best GPU with crappy CPU

who cares how they name their laptops, it is not like we'll be buying them anyway

william blake

QuoteThe IdeaPad Gaming 3, Legion 5, and Legion 7 will be low-end, mid-range, and high-end gaming laptops, respectively.
it raises the questions
- why not legion 3?
- where are ideapad gaming 5 and 7?

Allen.Ngo

Quote from: william blake on April 17, 2020, 18:01:01
QuoteThe IdeaPad Gaming 3, Legion 5, and Legion 7 will be low-end, mid-range, and high-end gaming laptops, respectively.
it raises the questions
- why not legion 3?
- where are ideapad gaming 5 and 7?

The reason why the IdeaPad Gaming 3 isn't called the Legion 3 is because Lenovo wants to maintain a high-end gamer image and aesthetic for its Legion series. Budget gaming laptops like the IdeaPad Gaming 3 are therefore part of the less expensive IdeaPad series instead. It's the same reason why the competing HP Pavilion 15 Gaming is part of the budget Pavilion series and not the gamer-centric Omen series.

As for speculated models like the IdeaPad Gaming 5 or 17.3-inch Legion 7, these can always come at a later date. Announcements and launches are usually staggered.

william blake

Quote from: Allen.Ngo on April 17, 2020, 18:57:59
The reason why the IdeaPad Gaming 3 isn't called the Legion 3 is because Lenovo wants..
yes, from lenovo point of view. current view.
i feel that from buyers perspective, their scheme is not as clear as acer's.
what i do like to see from the oem guys-a product map. two-dimentional laptop map with price/prestige axis and lightweight/ portability axis. we also have hardware/productivity dimension, but ok, lets take any 2 of 3, make a map and we can use colors for the rest. lets say yellow-cheaper/heavier/slower, red is midrange, purple-top notch.
anyway, every oem should have a product map. well-designed, easy-to-read, cool-looking and informative map.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview