News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Dual-screen Asus ZenBook Duo UX481 launching this month with Core i7 and GeForce MX250 graphics

Started by Redaktion, April 13, 2020, 09:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The 14-inch ZenBook Duo UX481 will essentially be a miniaturized version of the larger 15.6-inch ZenBook Pro Duo released last year. It will run on a Core i7-10510U CPU with the promise of up to 22 hours of battery life despite having two individual screens.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Dual-screen-Asus-ZenBook-Duo-UX481-launching-this-month-with-Core-i7-and-GeForce-MX250-graphics.459815.0.html

Max Siegieda

This laptop has already been out in several markets since 2019, it became available in the UK in October 2019 for instance. I'm a bit surprised you haven't had a model in to review yet but would be very interested in what you have to say.

I've got one arriving on Thursday because I couldn't find one on display in any store to try out the forward keyboard and trackpad placement. I might return it depending on how irritating the lack of touch on the primary display is and how much of a problem the dumb USB-C port is (data-only, no TB3, no displayport, no PD to charge the laptop).

MatthewCorbett

i have had mine for 6 weeks
like it, triple screen at uni with ipad, keyboard is nice and easy to use even given positioning
use big screen at home and separate keyboard
one thing i find myself doing is expanding docs/webpages etc to both screens and using touch screen to scroll pages

KZBFF ELF

wow it's perfect for doing video conferencing while doing something else while looking like you are paying attention

Dave Smith

Max,

They're talking about a new side of last year's original model.

Last year's debit was 15" and very expensive

Kiano

william blake

Hao Ruan

Jim Mag

I'm surprised the US didn't get this sooner.
I've got one coming this week. Got the i7 16GB 512GB Mx250 version for around £1150 in the UK. Looks like an interesting device. It is a shame though they couldn't have put a beefier graphics chip in, something like a 1650. Or put in a 10nm Intel chip instead of the 14nm one.

Olyvia Freeman

how are you guys in the US getting them???? amazon doesnt have any and b and h photo says coming soon.

Jim Mag

I've had mine for a few days now and my initial impression is that it's an awesome device. Build quality is solid. Nice aluminium design. Nice IPS screens, they're quite bright and colourful. Fast Intel 660p NVMe drive, good speakers and great battery life. Performance is also good too. I haven't had any slowdowns or crashes and it's even capable of some gaming thanks to the mx250. Overwatch gets 60fps+ at full HD, Halo runs quite well, and even the witcher 3 (30fps) and the division 2 (30-50fps)are playable at full HD on low settings.
The laptop came with a stylus and a leather style carry case which is a nice bonus.

Jim Mag

Quote from: Olyvia Freeman on April 18, 2020, 21:43:30
how are you guys in the US getting them???? amazon doesnt have any and b and h photo says coming soon.

Supposedly available this month or next in the US.
I live in the UK and they've been out for a few months here. Price dropped from £1499 to £1299 and then even lower to £1199 recently so I finally bought one, as I had some vouchers so got it for £1150ish. Great device. Hope you're able to get one soon!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview