News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

MacBook Air 2020: Why does Apple sabotage the Air?

Started by Redaktion, April 12, 2020, 19:27:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The new Apple MacBook Air 2020 was supposed to deal with two major issues of the popular subnotebook by implementing a new keyboard and the choice of more powerful quad-core processors. But the performance and the cooling system is still a major problem, but it looks like Apple does not want to change that.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/MacBook-Air-2020-Why-does-Apple-sabotage-the-Air.460701.0.html

kony

Because they know they can do whatever they want and their clients are clueless.

You're welcome.

Lopi

Because they want to keep it inferior to the 13" Pro.
These days, I think that a MBA doesn't make any sense. An iPad is just as capable (if not more) and more pleasant to use for basic tasks.

Zeke

Some people prefer a smaller, lightweight laptop with the keyboard permanently attached and a full operating system rather than rely on iOS, that's why the MacBook Air still makes sense. Wouldn't kill Apple to throw more power at it and sort the cooling out though. I'm always pleasantly surprised to see how many pre-2017 MB Airs are still in use by a variety of people. They're powerful enough for most things and still have a great keyboard. I used to use my 2014 MBA for multi track recording and it never got warm, for example.

Navi

Yeah, I beefed up the Air 2020 $$$ and still have problems with the fan and loss of power with no apps running and 2 tabs open. Limited even with the extras I threw in.  Rather disappointed with this.

Prajwal Joshi

I am planning to buy MacBook Air 2020 i3 dual core Model so I just want to know does it have overheating issue ?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview