News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Xperia 5 II touted to be Sony's much-anticipated true compact flagship phone

Started by Redaktion, April 11, 2020, 23:20:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony released the Xperia XZ2 Compact back in 2018, and has failed to follow it up with a truly compact flagship phone, much to the chagrin of lovers of smaller-sized premium devices. That could be set to change, however.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Xperia-5-II-touted-to-be-Sony-s-much-anticipated-true-compact-flagship-phone.461008.0.html

PaulM

what about those of us who thought that the Xperia 5 was the perfect size? This is disappointing news to me. Was looking forward to a Xperia 5-sized device with 3.5mm headset socket and 5G.

JoeBlack

That would be nice to have a smaller version of Xperia 5 with a better camera and a headphone jack.
My Xperia 5 feels quite nice, but it's still long AF so it's not comfortable to transport in the pocket.

S.Yu

5.6" to 5.8" 21:9 sounds...quite small, really, since when sub-5" devices roamed the earth they didn't have nearly has high a screen-body ratio as modern devices, and they were also 16:9. Sounds like it caters to people who stubbornly refuse to upgrade from iP4/5.

Ken

Hopefully this really will arrive. I'm still making do with an XZ1 compact (despite it being too large to deserve to be called compact) because there is just nothing available.

frogg

When they stopped releasing compact, Sony lost almost 50% of their customers. For now i'm very happy with my XZ2C, and don't intend to buy anything larger and heavier. It's already at the max. I'm afraid it will be with their ridiculous 21:9 screen ratio, which is unusable except for viewing movies. It's not my use case.

S.Yu

Quote from: frogg on April 12, 2020, 18:14:13
When they stopped releasing compact, Sony lost almost 50% of their customers. For now i'm very happy with my XZ2C, and don't intend to buy anything larger and heavier. It's already at the max. I'm afraid it will be with their ridiculous 21:9 screen ratio, which is unusable except for viewing movies. It's not my use case.
It's not practical, but I fail to grasp how it's "unusable", it's generally usable to the extent its width allows.

Setheril

Quote from: PaulM on April 12, 2020, 01:09:41
what about those of us who thought that the Xperia 5 was the perfect size? This is disappointing news to me. Was looking forward to a Xperia 5-sized device with 3.5mm headset socket and 5G.

Looking on GSM arena there are plenty of equivalent sized phones which have both 5g and a 3.5mm jack. Sub 6" high end phones are rarer than hens teeth now and there is a gap in the market for them. I've never seen the attraction in having massive phones so don't know why the trend has been to continually increase the size of devices over time.

Samsung still do some sub 6" phones, I probably should have bought a s10e while they were cheap. Those devices don't seem to go for discount prices any more.

technocow

there may be a trade off between headphone jack and mmwave

S.Yu

Quote from: technocow on April 16, 2020, 19:08:40
there may be a trade off between headphone jack and mmwave
How the hell does that work? mmWave antennas are tiny. Well I'm taking the headphone jack anyhow.

Korrekturleser

Quote from: Ken on April 12, 2020, 17:26:05
Hopefully this really will arrive. I'm still making do with an XZ1 compact (despite it being too large to deserve to be called compact) because there is just nothing available.
You should look at the Xperia II and Pixel 4a! :-)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview