News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra user faces major QA issues: broken autofocus, Exynos 990 overheating, and terrible battery life on a US$1400 flagship

Started by Redaktion, April 11, 2020, 11:01:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Galaxy S20 Ultra Exynos 990 user claims to be facing major QA issues on his smartphone. In a Twitter post, the user claims autofocus is broken, even on the latest firmware, and that the US$1400 has "poor performance," "poor battery life," and "heats like hell."

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-Galaxy-S20-Ultra-user-faces-major-QA-issues-broken-autofocus-Exynos-990-overheating-and-terrible-battery-life-on-a-US-1400-flagship.461018.0.html

JoeBlack

It seems users got fed up in this generation with Exynos/Samsung behavior.
IMHO Samsung fans have a lot in common with Apple ones, they take the beating like a champ and it takes really long for them to p*** them off so hard they start to complain in huge numbers.

S.Yu

Quote from: JoeBlack on April 11, 2020, 18:49:30
It seems users got fed up in this generation with Exynos/Samsung behavior.
IMHO Samsung fans have a lot in common with Apple ones, they take the beating like a champ and it takes really long for them to p*** them off so hard they start to complain in huge numbers.
How did you get to the "huge numbers" part? This is one guy, I've seen more than one guy complain about iP11PM overheating in China but not a word on English language media, and I'm quite surprised this guy's getting exclusive coverage. AFAICT this is sporadic.

Stu

Samsung have been selling rubbish since the introduction of fixed batteries into their "smart"phone range.

I bit the bullet and bought a Note 10+ as my S8 was finally completely cactus, instead of just half way there, which is how it came out of the box, and wish I had bought another brand. At 6 months old, it doesn't display webpages correctly, lags, freezes up, and is generally a great paperweight. I'll be buying something else next time, as Samsung have clearly decided QA is irrelevant and they can sell rubbish at a premium price. The only way to send the message is to vote with my wallet, so that's what I'll do.

Arnaldo Jorge Barmak

También estoy decepcionado con mí S10, su cámara no es tan buena como lo prometido y desde mí última actualización no permite ingresar a me cuenta Samsung y por lo tanto a sus servicios. El servicio técnico vía web es muy amable pero no tiene solución para esto por lo que deberé esperar a terminar la cuarentena para llevarlo al servicio oficial y esperar que no rompan al meter mano. Es la última vez que compro un celular Samsung...

Antonino Cascio

I have the same phone, with the exact same issues and Samsung refused to take it back even though it had these issues straight out of the box. There's no way this is a $2000 flagship quality phone. Never ever again.

Rico Mico

I have this phone, Exynos/
Europe version and it's already the second device as I thought the first one was defective...

1) the main 108 MP camera is so slow that at random corners I get blurred image / shadows as it seems like the chip or sensor cannot read 100% of the info fast enough

2) 5000 mAh battery depletes as fast (or faster) than my old S9 Plus (5G off, imagine with it on...)

3) with light work I have no issues with overheating, at complex tasks or games it gets REALLY hot!

4) on near photos (for example a document) the main camera has many blurred spots, with the S9 plus the image is perfect!

5) with electronic stability ON (or at 4K 60 fps) zoom is just digital!!! What?!

6) forget moon 🌙 pictures. The P30 Pro makes excellent photos. My S7, S8, S9 Plus and now the S20 Ultra makes... white "moon " dots. Even on "Pro " mode it is a no go.

So W.F? An 1350€ phone, the highest end from the S line and I get crap photos,  battery and overheating, as well as worse performance as on the cheaper SD versions?!

I would be better off with a Note 10 Plus that costs now just around 600-700€ ... what was I thinking? Too bad I trusted Samsung and waited for a new firmware, now the firmware did not fix a thing and I cannot return it.

Good bye Samsung. Next time Huawei or Xiaomi.

Ajay Sharma

Since 1 month i am using this phone and i did 2 times update but still the phone warmup after long use and the camera quality  and Zoom is poor.What is the solution?How i can return back phone?

Ajay S.

Quote from: Ajay Sharma on April 13, 2020, 23:16:50
Since 1 month i am using this phone and i did 2 times update but still the phone warmup after long use and the camera quality  and Zoom is poor.What is the solution?How i can return back phone?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview