News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Schenker VIA 15 Laptop Review: a lightweight AMD notebook

Started by Redaktion, April 10, 2020, 15:03:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Schenker VIA 15 is a 15-inch notebook that has good looks and promising specifications. But there are some peculiarities that potential buyers should be aware of. Find out more in our review.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Schenker-VIA-15-Laptop-Review-a-lightweight-AMD-notebook.460698.0.html

william blake

best schenker laptop ive seen here maybe.
(and no, 273 brightness is mediocre, not "good", dear Mike Wobker)
p.s. configurator is a good thing for any laptop, especially configurator with fair prices, congrats schenker.

Cri

It's not only the single-channel RAM... Another "minus" not mentioned in the article is that the USB type-C port is data-only (hence no power delivery... actually it's a no PD/no DP port). So yes, Tongfang cheaped out on this design. Bummer... it could have been a great laptop but as it stands, it's too expensive for what you get. 650-700 euros would be the right price for this device.
Another deal-breaker for me is the fact that Schenker has decided (for some reason) to only offer US keyboards with ISO layout on all their laptops as far as I can tell. After 20+ years of using US ANSI layout I'm not in the mood to change my typing habits just because Schenker doesn't offer such a layout. As a result I'll wait for the Ryzen-powered Lenovo Slim 7 which will have proper USB type-C ports, dual-channel memory and US ANSI keyboard (in a 14inch format though).
Nice try Schenker, nice try.

william blake

Quote from: Cri on April 10, 2020, 19:58:24
It's not only the single-channel RAM... Another "minus" not mentioned in the article is that the USB type-C port is data-only (hence no power delivery... actually it's a no PD/no DP port). So yes, Tongfang cheaped out on this design. Bummer... it could have been a great laptop but as it stands, it's too expensive for what you get. 650-700 euros would be the right price for this device.
Another deal-breaker for me is the fact that Schenker has decided (for some reason) to only offer US keyboards with ISO layout on all their laptops as far as I can tell. After 20+ years of using US ANSI layout I'm not in the mood to change my typing habits just because Schenker doesn't offer such a layout. As a result I'll wait for the Ryzen-powered Lenovo Slim 7 which will have proper USB type-C ports, dual-channel memory and US ANSI keyboard (in a 14inch format though).
Nice try Schenker, nice try.
name please 1,4 kg metallic 15-incher , 668 cinebench fast, 100% srgb, in 650-700 euro range.

anonymous

single-channel ram is already a huge dealbreaker, but there is also space for a 2.5'' drive but no way to connect a drive there??????????

Slw2

It looks like 15.6 version of Walmart Motile M142. The same exterior design. The same ports and the same layout of ports, except for microSD card reader. The same single channel RAM and processor.

mmike

Quotegood CPU performance
Old ryzen w/ single channel RAM. Must be magic.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview