News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo caught silently downgrading the ThinkPad X1 Extreme Gen 2 to a GTX 1650 Max-Q

Started by Redaktion, April 09, 2020, 15:41:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo has finally admitted that the X1 Extreme Gen 2 has a GeForce GTX 1650 Max-Q GPU, not the full GTX 1650 that it has been advertising the laptop as having in some regions. Albeit tacitly and over six months late, it is encouraging to see Lenovo finally correct its mistake.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-caught-silently-downgrading-the-ThinkPad-X1-Extreme-Gen-2-to-a-GTX-1650-Max-Q.460712.0.html

PolCPP

Still better than Dell selling the 9880H as the 9880HK on certain models of the Alienware M15R2 .

RicoVIking9000

Quote from: PolCPP on April 09, 2020, 16:39:08
Still better than Dell selling the 9880H as the 9880HK on certain models of the Alienware M15R2 .

I don't at all get the logic in this, customers don't have to buy an i9 simply because it's available. The X1E Gen 2 has a 9980H, as does the Macbook Pro. In fact, the i9 9980H in the XPS 15 is 30% faster than the i9 in the 2018 macbook pro, and the i7 in the X1E Gen 2 averages under 1000 in R15 anyway, which the XPS definitely beats... sure, none of this is about the Alienware, but the AW has better thermals than the XPS 15

_MT_

Quote from: PolCPP on April 09, 2020, 16:39:08
Since 9880HK doesn't exist AFAIK, it's clearly an error. It can happen. That's why there typically are those disclaimers. Now, if the order says 9980HK and they supply me with a 9880H, I can return it as they clearly haven't supplied what I ordered. Contract is binding. That's why everything that matters should be in a contract. Or you should at least get it confirmed in writing.

JohnST

All that is Chinese is for nothing. If a company does not care about its top models like the Thihk Pad T1 and deceives their equipment, then what should the consumer think about it?
I think the Americans will only goose skin by the Chinese word. >:D

anon

Correct me if I'm wrong, but notebookcheck were the people to discover and raise this issue, right?

This doesn't affect me personally but I'd like to say cheers. This kind of investigative journalism--seeking to find real truth--we need more of.

Bla010203

I had one in for review and the GPU ran at up to 1845MHz during games according to GPU-Z. Pretty consistently too, rarely dropping below 1800, while the CPU was in 15W TDP down mode. As far as I recall, it was ostensibly a Max-Q. Furmark would drop the speed to something like 1300 - 1400. Still more than the advertised 1245Mhz boost clock. 1024 shaders according to nVidia driver. Whatever this is advertised as, it's much ado about nothing. This appears to be a GPU that, in reality, runs WAY faster than advertised. Unless GPU-Z was wrong. I downloaded another utility for comparison. Same thing. Something like 300MHz idle, but 1800+ sustained boost. Maybe notebookcheck should take another look at a review unit, rather than getting upset about spec sheets. Incidentally I had it set to GPU only mode, hybrid turned off.

flamo

8) Lienovo did it again! It silently dowgrade its x13 amd model from ryzen 7 pro to the ryzen 5 pro with $100 raise in price! WOW. Nasty!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview