News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PICO-WHU4: Very powerful Raspberry Pi-alternative with Core i7 available

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2020, 19:57:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The PICO-WHU4 is a compact single-board computer with a very powerful processor. Apart from its high performance, the model also includes ports for connecting external sensors and actuators.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PICO-WHU4-Very-powerful-Raspberry-Pi-alternative-with-Core-i7-available.460052.0.html

GlynJackson25

Getting fed up with these articles with their so called alternatives
The Pi is £35/$35, yet the alternatives all seem to be more.
Granted this PICO is high spec. But we ain't getting those specs for the price of a Pi.

smarter than you

Chupacabra

Why are you even trying to compare two parts where one costs over 20 times as much as the other?  They are obviously not even in the same conversation...

Zobmie

You have to consider what the usage is before you can determine if something is an alternative or not.

I use my car as a means of transportation, I could also use my bicycle, my car costs 100x as much as my bike. Does that invalidate my bicycle as an alternative means of transportation?

Is the end goal compute at a low cost? Then an i7 is not a viable alternative. Is the end goal small form factor compute? Then yes this can be counted as an alternative.

Either way I'd be interested to see pricing for lower end CPUs like the celerons.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview