News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Forget the XPS 15 9500, the XPS 17 9700 is the XPS to get excited about this year

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2020, 19:48:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

While the XPS 15 has been in need of an overhaul for a while now, it has already been usurped by a revitalised XPS 17 in our eyes. If Dell has fixed the cooling issues with this year's XPS 15, imagine what thermals its bigger sibling will offer?

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Forget-the-XPS-15-9500-the-XPS-17-9700-is-the-XPS-to-get-excited-about-this-year.460036.0.html

splus

Joel

If only Dell would ditch the graphics card and the 14nm H processor and go with either an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS or a Ryzen 7 4800U CPU.  That would have epic battery life and temperatures but still great performance with all the other advantages that the XPS line has.

Kirill

Quote from: Joel on April 06, 2020, 22:06:59
If only Dell would ditch the graphics card and the 14nm H processor and go with either an AMD Ryzen 7 4800HS or a Ryzen 7 4800U CPU.  That would have epic battery life and temperatures but still great performance with all the other advantages that the XPS line has.
This is my dream exactly!

hfm

The LG Gram 17 already gives you this today, granted it's still a 15W CPU (I have the older model with the 8565U) but I LOVE MINE.

The 16:10 17" 1600p panel is GODLIKE fora 3lb notebook.

I'd consider the XPS 17 if it was no more than 4lb and was QUIET under load, and had a 16:10 panel. If the rumors are true, it does have one at 2400p.

william blake

i need a replacement for my hp17-caxxx. 16:10 17inch is one of the goals. 6-8 cores renoir is another. will you guys please make it for me?

ariliquin

I'm forgetting about XPS all together until Dell brings a AMD Renoir option out. When will they have enough of the throttling issues? An XPS that could actually deliver on the promise would be great.

kaushij

why Dell is not releasing XPS latest products in India. still difference between countries and colors???

william blake

Quote from: kaushij on April 07, 2020, 13:49:42
why Dell is not releasing XPS latest products in India. still difference between countries and colors???
india?i live in russia and hardware market here is fine, kinda third best in the world after usa and china, the places where money is printed and things produced. prices are ~10% higher than the worlds cheapest.
but my russian fellows are always crying about hardware cost and availability, like some evil wants them to suffer.
i don't mind to swap those pricks with some indian guys or brazilian or turkish :)

Simon k.

In UK prices are in pounds as high as are in USA but in dollars. But 1000usd=750gbp and USA hot lower tax band. So laptop in USA is 1500usd, here 1500gbp. I want more ryzen laptops to show up

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview