News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

HP Elite Dragonfly Business-Convertible Review: Lighter than 1 kg only with the smaller battery

Started by Redaktion, April 06, 2020, 10:29:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

HP introduced the Elite Dragonfly as a convertible with a weight of under 1 kg. But is the light business convertible really a full-fledged EliteBook, or is it a reduced version that is primarily supposed to look good on a desk? We review the premium convertible with the bigger 4-cell battery, which increases the weight to more than 1.1 kg.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/HP-Elite-Dragonfly-Business-Convertible-Review-Lighter-than-1-kg-only-with-the-smaller-battery.459861.0.html

A

Poor touchpad, glossy screen, less than ideal thermals, 3 year old processor, only 16gb ram. They should keep junk like this in the envy line.

How far have the elite books fallen :(

The zbook/elite book was first laptop I spent over 2.5k on a laptop. And it is the one that lasted the longest (I tried a ice lake yoga and it was junk and had to send it back). And so far I've been in the market for a laptop for 2 years and nothing but junk :(

Duy

What are you talking about? The processor was released in Q3'2018, it is not even 2 year olds yet.

Grinnie Jax

The only problem it has is Intel's crappy APU. It would become near perfect 2-in-1 if they release a Ryzen 4750U version of it. Regarding the glossy screen - do you know many matte touchscreens? Matte Gorilla Glass maybe?

Michou

Quote from: Grinnie Jax on April 07, 2020, 04:09:35
The only problem it has is Intel's crappy APU. It would become near perfect 2-in-1 if they release a Ryzen 4750U version of it. Regarding the glossy screen - do you know many matte touchscreens? Matte Gorilla Glass maybe?

There is a Elitebook x360 with matte touchscreen..

Michou

Quote from: A on April 06, 2020, 12:01:52
Poor touchpad, glossy screen, less than ideal thermals, 3 year old processor, only 16gb ram. They should keep junk like this in the envy line.

The zbook/elite book was first laptop I spent over 2.5k on a laptop. And it is the one that lasted the longest (I tried a ice lake yoga and it was junk and had to send it back). And so far I've been in the market for a laptop for 2 years and nothing but junk :(

Poor touchpad? We didn't read the same review..

Maybe the ExpertBook B9450? X1 Carbon? Latitude 7400 (but poor touchpad)? Or even the Thinkpad T14?

marsss

The evaluation of the laptop is not fair in poor performance and old cpu and ram. I think the score of the laptop is poor under 70.

A

Quote from: Michou on April 07, 2020, 20:09:13

Maybe the ExpertBook B9450? X1 Carbon? Latitude 7400 (but poor touchpad)? Or even the Thinkpad T14?

Yes, poor touchpad. As a business laptop it is expected to have physical buttons for the touchpad, not one of those useless clickpads. And Trackpoint would also be nice but what they have there is crap.

Michou

Quote from: A on April 08, 2020, 20:40:25

Yes, poor touchpad. As a business laptop it is expected to have physical buttons for the touchpad, not one of those useless clickpads. And Trackpoint would also be nice but what they have there is crap.

Personally i prefer larger touchpads without clickpads over smaller touchpads with clickpads on this kind of small laptops.

Michou

Personally i prefer larger touchpads without physical buttons over smaller touchpads with physical buttons on this kind of small laptops.

A

Quote from: Michou on April 09, 2020, 00:20:09

Personally i prefer larger touchpads without physical buttons over smaller touchpads with physical buttons on this kind of small laptops.

It's not like this is an 10-11 inch, there is plenty of space to add buttons without much sacrifice to the area. Not to mention this is a touchscreen laptop. So you can do things like zoom and other gestures on the screen.

Physical buttons are a must if you want to actually get some work done or spend a lot of time on the laptop.

Michou

Quote from: A on April 09, 2020, 01:12:01
Quote from: Michou on April 09, 2020, 00:20:09

It's not like this is an 10-11 inch, there is plenty of space to add buttons without much sacrifice to the area. Not to mention this is a touchscreen laptop. So you can do things like zoom and other gestures on the screen.

Physical buttons are a must if you want to actually get some work done or spend a lot of time on the laptop.

I prefer the larger touchpad of the Dragonfly than the smaller touchpad of the Latitude 7300 for exemple.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview