News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

2020 Dell XPS 15 9500 could be the full 16:10 redesign we've been looking for to tackle the MacBook Pro 16

Started by Redaktion, April 01, 2020, 20:16:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The XPS 15 looked great back in 2016, but there's no question that it has grown a bit stale since then. A 16:10 redesign would help revitalize the series and new leaks appear to confirm just that.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/2020-Dell-XPS-15-9500-could-be-the-full-16-10-redesign-we-ve-been-looking-for-to-tackle-the-MacBook-Pro-16.459694.0.html

winston

Starks

gerger

Screw that. I want 8-core 10nm CPU with Xe graphics (Tiger Lake-H), rather than 8-core 14nm + 1650, because that combo is guaranteed to throttle, especially when they are likely slimming the chassis.

I'd just use an eGPU at home with it. Xe would be perfectly fine on the go.

Ultimately, i just want 8 cores in 15" laptop without throttling (meaning the GPU must go).

gerger

Quote from: winston on April 02, 2020, 00:39:56
What's the point of the fugly Carbon sticker? Why make a device look cheaper than it is?

What carbon sticker? If you mean the inner surface, it's actual carbon fiber, not a sticker.

---

Quote from: Jsk on April 02, 2020, 00:41:05
Another pointless, speculative, click bait article with zero information.

Are you dumb or blind? Or both? The benchmark link is clearly a real leak.

Larry Turner

While some people may want an U9 in a laptop, it's a bit overkill on a slim chassis model due to heat and cooling issues

The newer processors should have better cooling design.

I hate when expensive laptops throttle.
It's not even acceptable in a mid range laptop for me.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview