News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple MacBook Air 2020: Retina-Display wieder mit PWM

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2020, 16:29:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Wie schon beim alten Modell verwendet Apple PWM für die Steuerung der Displayhelligkeit beim neuen MacBook Air des Jahrgangs 2020. Die Frequenz ist zwar sehr hoch, doch sensible Nutzer sollten den Laptop nach Möglichkeit ausgiebig testen.

https://www.notebookcheck.com/Apple-MacBook-Air-2020-Retina-Display-wieder-mit-PWM.459575.0.html

michael knapek

Many thanks for continuing to cover this issue, and to keep checking laptops regarding this.

I had not bought a laptop using PWM until recently ( MBP 16" ) and I got quite a headache after using it. When I turned off the display, the problems went away.

I'm a bit sad, as I've been using Apple laptops since 2001 and Apple hardware since 1991. And, well, the use of screen with signifiant amounts of PWM, makes it painful to use them.
Now I have to investigate Linux compatible laptops without PWM.

Again, I'm very thankful you cover this issue, as I wouldn't have been able to explain why it is particular screens that's been causing me problems, earlier.

I hope manufacturers offer PWM-free alternatives of their screen before long.
It can't be that difficult to do in this day and age of Built-To-Order configurations.

Thanks again !

Korrekturleser

Quote from: michael knapek on April 01, 2020, 14:26:58
Many thanks for continuing to cover this issue, and to keep checking laptops regarding this. I had not bought a laptop using PWM until recently [...]
Yes it's an issue that is not mentioned enough in the media world! Would be great if the hardware companies at least would offer an DC dimming feature as an option as some Chinese smartphone makers included in their phones.

olyphar

Nur interessehalber: wie sieht denn die gemessene Helligkeit aus? Das Oszi scheint mir eine Spannungsmessung zu sein, nur nimmt das Auge eben eine Heiligkeit wahr und keine Spannung. Vor allem weiße LED haben ein starkes Nachleuchten, so dass ich kein messbares Flimmern erwarte

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview