News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Acer Aspire 5 and Swift 3 are getting 7 nm AMD Ryzen 5 4500U and Ryzen 7 4700U options this Summer

Started by Redaktion, March 31, 2020, 00:01:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We can't wait to compare the 10 nm Intel Ice Lake Aspire 5 and Swift 3 models to the upcoming 7 nm AMD Ryzen alternatives. The mid-range Ryzen 5 should just as well or better than a Core i7 for a lower starting price.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Acer-Aspire-5-and-Swift-3-are-getting-7-nm-AMD-Ryzen-5-4500U-and-Ryzen-7-4700U-options-this-Summer.459443.0.html

RinzImpulse

Quote from: william blake on March 31, 2020, 01:08:17
how about aspire 7 and swift 5 or 7, acer? :)
Nah, swift 7 is impossible since AMD doesn't have anything to take on the core M series

I personally will wait for swift 3 if it doesn't only have soldered memory... which it will have

william blake

Quote from: RinzImpulse on March 31, 2020, 03:35:41

I personally will wait for swift 3 if it doesn't only have soldered memory... which it will have
soldered, but lp and 2-channel. exactly what we should expect from swift-like machines.

A

@RinzImpulse - I wouldn't say that. Core M is about 4.5-5W, AMD has the Ryzen Embedded R1102G which is 6W. So while its a bit more watts, it's close enough to compete with Core M.

The only downside is they are based on older zen and 14nm.

RinzImpulse

Quote from: william blake on March 31, 2020, 05:22:26
soldered, but lp and 2-channel. exactly what we should expect from swift-like machines.
Yeah, but RAM setup is limited to 8 GB (with at least 1 GB shared with igp) and it's too low. They might introduce 12 or 16 GB model, but i doubt the R5 will get it
Quote from: A on March 31, 2020, 05:59:17
@RinzImpulse - I wouldn't say that. Core M is about 4.5-5W, AMD has the Ryzen Embedded R1102G which is 6W. So while its a bit more watts, it's close enough to compete with Core M.

The only downside is they are based on older zen and 14nm.
I never see any device that sold with the chip. Also, even if any, I don't think it's cheap (though, I know that if swift 7 class did sold, it wouldn't be cheap either)

william blake

Quote from: RinzImpulse on April 01, 2020, 05:33:04
I never see any device that sold with the chip. Also, even if any, I don't think it's cheap (though, I know that if swift 7 class did sold, it wouldn't be cheap either)
https://www.amd.com/en/products/apu/amd-athlon-silver-3050u
same chip. supposed to be cheap as hell. bulldozer replacement in 250usd laptops.

kidp

Dear Notebookcheck,
Is there anyone who could ask Acer officials and provide us customers information about the version of HDMI in these models? Is it HDMI 1.4b or 2.0b? New Ryzen processors support HDMI 2.0b, but it isn't really that obvious if we are talking about Acer laptops.
Best regards. 

Mohamad Yusoff

Quote from: kidp on April 01, 2020, 15:26:38
Dear Notebookcheck,
Is there anyone who could ask Acer officials and provide us customers information about the version of HDMI in these models? Is it HDMI 1.4b or 2.0b? New Ryzen processors support HDMI 2.0b, but it isn't really that obvious if we are talking about Acer laptops.
Best regards.

I have the $199 acer aspire 5 with 3200U and hdmi can output 4k 60fps

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview