News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 4800H Laptops just hit retail: world's fastest mobile CPU demolishes top-end Intel i9-9980HK in Cinebench, Blender, AND Passmark with 40 percent lower power draw

Started by Redaktion, March 30, 2020, 19:26:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

AMD's Ryzen 4000 series has finally hit the market. Consumer laptops with the Ryzen 4800H are crushing benchmarks. The Ryzen 7 part bested the i9-9980HK in Cinebench, Passmark, and Blender to become the fastest notebook CPU on the market right now.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-4800H-Laptops-just-hit-retail-world-s-fastest-mobile-CPU-demolishes-top-end-Intel-i9-9980HK-in-Cinebench-Blender-AND-Passmark-with-40-percent-lower-power-draw.459423.0.html

Mark Sadler

The difference between the AMD 4800H & the Intel i7-9750H on Passmark is only 6,593. That is hardly double the score! That is an increase closer to 50%> Hyperbole should never masquerade as evaluation.

JayN

Looks like Core i9-10980HK CPU will be Intel's top competitor in this category.  I see a MSI Stealth GS66 laptop leaked today with this chip.

Grimveous

Well, this is easy to do since Intel had deliberately hamstrung the i7 to force people into the horribly expensive, overpriced and under performing i9.  Supposedly Intel forgot that gamers, and there are a lot of them, are defacto hardware experts.  Intel bet that nobody would notice.  Oopsy! 
They did.

KR

I'm so impressed with AMD. Lets hear it for the little guy. I love this David beats Goliath story.

JimboJ

Quote from: Mark Sadler on March 30, 2020, 23:15:02
The difference between the AMD 4800H & the Intel i7-9750H on Passmark is only 6,593. That is hardly double the score! That is an increase closer to 50%> Hyperbole should never masquerade as evaluation.

It's 57%, just to ensure no hyperbole is masquerading here ...  ;)

Dekomoro

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview