News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 9 4900HS is faster than every mobile Intel Core i9 laptop in the market today according to our own benchmarks

Started by Redaktion, March 30, 2020, 17:47:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We compare the new 7 nm AMD CPU to at least 17 different Intel laptops equipped with a 14 nm mobile Core i9 CPU and AMD almost always comes out on top. Coffee Lake-H will be behind the curve in just a few short months if AMD can maintain this performance lead across multiple OEMs.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-9-4900HS-is-faster-than-every-mobile-Intel-Core-i9-laptop-in-the-market-today-according-to-our-own-benchmarks.459045.0.html

Spunjji

Sergey

No Intel fanbots here, just fanboys. Intel has been superior in laptops because they have a rule "laptop users are no less important than desktop user" therefore we had
-undervolting on locked chips which reduced temperatures and raised performance
-quick sync video which speeds up the video rendering so much that even a laptop can compete with a desktop
-same amount of cores and threads as on desktops

What has AMD been doing all these years? in autumn 2018 I bought a 6\12 i7 8750h and have been actively using it all this time for video rendering. Tell me AMD fanboy, what would you have bought if you needed a powerful laptop? AMD one which had 4\8 15 watt chip at the top at that moment? What if you couldn't wait for 1.5 more years and needed a laptop ASAP? Exactly, there is no answer but Intel, who actually respected laptop users enough to give them performance comparable to their own desktop CPU-s.
Where are Intel fanboys? I'm right here. I may move to Ryzen in the future but they have a long way to go to prove themselves in laptops, the segment they pretty much didn't care about until now.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview