News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ice Lake Microsoft Surface device powered by an Intel Core i5-1035G1, 16 GB of RAM and a 512 GB SSD spotted on UserBenchmark

Started by Redaktion, March 29, 2020, 23:56:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A new Surface device has appeared on UserBenchmark, which could well be a new product altogether. The Ice Lake-powered device has a 3:2 display, 16 GB of dual-channel LPDDR4 RAM and the same SSD found in the Surface Laptop 3 and Surface Pro X. Its processor has us scratching our heads, though.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ice-Lake-Microsoft-Surface-device-powered-by-an-Intel-Core-i5-1035G1-16-GB-of-RAM-and-a-512-GB-SSD-spotted-on-UserBenchmark.459289.0.html

Daniel Lee Ridenhour

Hmm... The resolution is lower than any of their existing products, even the Go... and the CPU throttling lends itself more toward a heat constrained device.   But as you said the rest of the specs aren't entry level...  maybe its a duo device... dual 3:2 screens but only reporting one?

NSJoJM

What if  the 3:2 ratio is thesum of two folding doors, each 3:1 OLED?

27:9 CINEMascope ratio is very close to the right ratio to achieve this and other than Samsung, I believe that Sony has sourced from a new top tier line from a producer in China for the Xperia 1mk2.

If Sony has acquired panels with the uncalibrated accuracy as the Xperia 1, this will be the first item on my professional photography bill of materials and running for the most important piece of technology in field for a long while.

The latest Canon and Nilon Pro cameras are superlative in ability to resolve finished JPEGs, but I need a portable preprocessor in my uplink to deliver the right shots to the right picture editors at speed.

Such a combination with true touchscreen camera controls is game changing.

NSJoJM

Daniel,

CPU throttling is only applicable when I have the good luck to be assigned to photograph events in the summer months of the warmer parts of the world!

I am not still thawing my bones from this mornings assignment and the coranovirus epidemic is forcing everyone to spare kit to the tightest surface and object tally possible.

Photographers absolutely need better more flexible and surface smooth IP highly rated equipment now. This as I have imagined it to be  (and hear me in Redmond p l e a s e do everything in your power to make this happen!) can eliminate any amount of heartache ; I simply cannot express the difficulty with protecting a modern high end camera from becoming a petridish the same moment you raise it to your eye. Without live view... Let's not go there...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview