News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

PlayStation 5 news: Danish retailer offers eye-watering price and release date; nostalgic fan concept; poll shows PS5 is still the most wanted

Started by Redaktion, March 28, 2020, 13:15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The website for a Danish chain of supermarkets called føtex has created a placeholder for the upcoming PlayStation 5 that offers an astonishingly high price and a release date for the console. A new fan-made concept design will fill gamers with nostalgia, and a poll by IGN has shown that the PS5 is still the most-wanted next-gen console.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PlayStation-5-news-Danish-retailer-offers-eye-watering-price-and-release-date-nostalgic-fan-concept-poll-shows-PS5-is-still-the-most-wanted.459270.0.html

Kirill Ignatev

S.Yu

Quote from: Kirill Ignatev on March 28, 2020, 13:53:09
Well, $1000 is a reasonable price for such hardware. Will result in a decrease of sales, though.
It's reasonable, if it's an all-purpose PC. It's not if it's digital trash without specifically compatible games.

EV15ER8R

The way I see it is... Given the leap amd has done with its CPU and gpu in the last few years it would make perfect sense to have a price tag that high so it's capable of not only 4k gameplay but also backwards compatible gaming. Sony will deliver a solid console with great exclusives and Microsoft will most likely step up the exclusive game's to compete this gen because while games may look gorgeous they can be amazingly s*** at the same time. I was expecting $1000 anyway so all good on my end 😁

Tonton

Im hoping the price will be more reasonable if the backwards compatibility will be a reality or will be implemented by Sony, I mean it will be compatible from Ps1 to PS4.

Kristoffer Jørgensen

The thing is, in Denmark we have huge taxes on electronics. The PS4 for example cost around 4000 - 5000 kr. (596.82 - 746.025 US Dollars) compared to the around 399 US Dollars it cost elsewhere, so while it probably won't be quite as expensive as Føtex said, it definitely won't be as expensive outside of Denmark.

Redmond Jennings

It might be a reasonable price for the hardware but certainly not for the performance gains. You can get a PS4 for $200, probably less than that once the PS5 drops. Plays all the same games, nearly as well.

whiskeylakkee

How do you guys get things so wrong every single day? Your reviews on notebooks are great, but your news article writers apparently never heard of fact check.

Once you take out taxes, this equals $500-550 U.S.

Chef2187

I also assumed it was gonna be upwards of $1000 with everything they allready confirmed to be featured controllers around $100 as advanced as they are said to be more then willing to pay that much for a next gen PlayStation .      Sincerely  Faithful PlayStation fan

Jötunn

That's because of the US taxation policies. So we have to pay the US tax and the Danish tax on top of that. As if Danish companies were buying it in the US for personal use, then importing into Denmark and paying another tax. Why wouldn't they send it straight from Japan, ignoring that double import tax?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview