News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Hardware isn't the whole story when it comes to console gaming: Xbox Series X vs. PlayStation 5 specs

Started by Redaktion, March 20, 2020, 22:28:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now that we know the specifications of the Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, which console is the best? Considering all the factors that play into a console's graphical capabilities and its overall success, comparing specs on paper is a largely useless endeavor that ignores the broader picture of the console gaming experience.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Hardware-isn-t-the-whole-story-when-it-comes-to-console-gaming-Xbox-Series-X-vs-PlayStation-5-specs.458551.0.html

RJ88

It is quite surprising how many articles Notebookcheck has been writing in recent days, in which they are trying to downplay the potential HW advantage of the XBox, over the PS5.

PS5 fans?

Maybe we should stop speculating, and wait for real benchmarks?

Daniel Eriksson

This is very true. Optimization is king. Not to mention that popular games - especially first party ones - and unique hardware features (that developers really take advantage of) is what really sells consoles and sets them apart from PC. Just see how well the Nintendo Switch sells: A smart concept, good games and unique features and it overtook Xbox One within a few years despite the latter having several years head start.

Stan

Quote from: RJ88 on March 20, 2020, 22:45:10
It is quite surprising how many articles Notebookcheck has been writing in recent days, in which they are trying to downplay the potential HW advantage of the XBox, over the PS5.

PS5 fans?

Maybe we should stop speculating, and wait for real benchmarks?
I have to agree, a speculative post once in a while is alright but then I just saw a post saying that Xbox had a much more rosy position than the ps5 in a previous post and now this...

resident smart person

hey guys, im a very smart gamer(tm) and i have some hot facts to drop.

it doesnt matter how logical or fact-based your arguments are for why the performance difference doesn't matter. it doesn't even matter if there's no evidence to suggest you have any sort of bias towards a certain type of console (since that tends to only be the case with die-hards, most people don't care).

because you took a stance on an issue i will disagree and call you a jealous fanboy while spending $800 on the xbox series x because clout.

Mostafa

It does matter because we are comparing same architectures and multiplatform games wont get any special optimization as the difference was visible last gen too.
The new xbox is at least 20% faster than ps5 (10tf is for temporary boost clocks)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview