News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Vari-Bright decreases laptop display brightness when on batteries. Fortunately, disabling it is easy

Started by Redaktion, March 19, 2020, 09:36:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Annoyingly, Vari-Bright is enabled by default to automatically limit the maximum brightness of the screen when not on AC power. Though it's supposed to be a power-saving feature, it can also make outdoor visibility more difficult for the end-user.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Vari-Bright-decreases-laptop-display-brightness-when-on-batteries-Fortunately-disabling-it-is-easy.458492.0.html

Thanos

Ah. My favourite genre of articles on Notebookcheck: a "tech journalist" has discovered some button, somewhere. Ladies and gents, the absolute state of it.
The grass sure was greener not a long while ago.

Autoexec.bat

Counterpoint: This article is in fact useful. Just this morning I received notice of an update from Lenovo that fixes an issue with Vari-Bright on my T14s. Having never heard from Vari-Bright, I ended up here with a perfectly adequate synopsis of the feature. Not every article needs to be all Erin Brockovich.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview