News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Apple upgrades the MacBook Air to custom Ice Lake quad-core processors and the Magic Keyboard from the MacBook Pro 16

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2020, 16:24:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Now starting at US$999, the new MacBook Air is more than just a refresh as last year's model was. Upgraded to quad-core 10th generation Intel Core processors, Apple has also brought over the Magic Keyboard from the MacBook Pro 16. Available to order now, the MacBook Air 2020 can be configured with up to 16 GB of LPDDR4X RAM and a 2 TB SSD.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Apple-upgrades-the-MacBook-Air-to-custom-Ice-Lake-quad-core-processors-and-the-Magic-Keyboard-from-the-MacBook-Pro-16.458440.0.html

jeremy

Compared to the MBP13 site, it seems Apple is embarrassed to show the KB.
However, they do have an image of the KB, and thankfully, no silly touchbar.

Joe Galamb

The CPUs are most likely just the 12W cTDP versions of Ice Lake Y chips:
Core i3-1000G4, Core i5-1030G7 and Core i7-1060G7. Only the latter's base frequency differs from the official 1,3GHz.

"all will feature Iris Plus Graphics, something that Intel does not currently offer with its Core i3 Ice Lake-Y processors"

This is not true since the iGPU of the G4 variant i3 is also called Iris Plus Graphics.

pete

Not sure why people hate the Touch Bar so much, I like it on the 16" model! I find it very useful for a lot of apps. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview