News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

All-AMD Microsoft Surface notebook with Ryzen 5 4500U and RX 5300M spotted on 3DMark

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2020, 14:03:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

It looks like Microsoft is already planning to add the newly launched Ryzen 4000 APUs to the Surface lineup, and this time around, we could potentially see 15-inch as well as 13.5-inch all-AMD models. The 13.5-inch models may get Ryzen 5 4500U / 7 4700U + RX 5300M configurations, while the 15-inch variants may end up powered by more powerful Ryzen R5 4600U / 7 4800U + RX 5500M/ RX 5600M combos.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/All-AMD-Microsoft-Surface-notebook-with-Ryzen-5-4500U-and-RX-5300M-spotted-on-3DMark.458410.0.html

Dan6

an

Quote from: Dan6 on March 18, 2020, 15:17:58
No GeForce - no buy. Sorry, but Radeon is still too weak to spend my money on it.

Radeon on mobile has the same power consumption and performance than nVidia. You can't buy RTX 2080 Ti on a laptop, whatever you get from nVidia can be considered weak as well.

anon

Surface laptops are in the ultrabook class of product. If you want that kind of performance, they are probably not for you to begin with.

What I don't get about these is why even have dGPU? The iGPU on the CPU die is already good enough for this class of device.

Dan6

They can easily pack RTX 2060 in a 15" Surface as other ultrabooks. There is no mobile radeon that can compete with it. I really enjoy Surface laptops, but I need more power.

deksman2

Quote from: Dan6 on March 18, 2020, 17:05:04
They can easily pack RTX 2060 in a 15" Surface as other ultrabooks. There is no mobile radeon that can compete with it. I really enjoy Surface laptops, but I need more power.

Actually you are wrong.
The 5600M and 5700M would be more than adequate for RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 in mobile performance-wise and would have same or better efficiency.

RTX is really of no real use and visually you don't gain much/anything from it (besides, to have it, you'd need 2080ti possibly to get usable framerates, and you won't get that in a laptop - unless its a desktop replacement machine, which means that Microsoft Surface probably wouldn't have that in the first placE).

A

@Dan6  - The 5600M has similar performance to the RTX 2060. considering these are being bundled with AMD APUs, the 2 AMD GPUs would work together much better offering higher performance than if it was bundled with an RTX 2060.

So why you would want LESS graphics performance by sticking an RTX 2060 in it is beyond me.

Dan6

Quote from: deksman2 on March 18, 2020, 20:33:04

Actually you are wrong.
The 5600M and 5700M would be more than adequate for RTX 2060 and RTX 2070 in mobile performance-wise and would have same or better efficiency.

RTX is really of no real use and visually you don't gain much/anything from it (besides, to have it, you'd need 2080ti possibly to get usable framerates, and you won't get that in a laptop - unless its a desktop replacement machine, which means that Microsoft Surface probably wouldn't have that in the first placE).

I didn't say anything about ray-tracing.
And still RTX 2060 on average has slightly more FPS. If we compare video encoding - NVENC is significantly better. Power efficiency - not sure which is in the lead here.
As for rx 5700m - I think there are no laptops with RX 5700m yet. If we compare not released products - then let's compare it with mobile RTX 2060 Super or 2070 Super.
Also Razer Blade 15, for example, packs RTX 2080 and it's an ultrabook (or at least it has about the same size as Surface 15). Any competitors whith it?

Quote from: A on March 18, 2020, 20:41:26
@Dan6  - The 5600M has similar performance to the RTX 2060. considering these are being bundled with AMD APUs, the 2 AMD GPUs would work together much better offering higher performance than if it was bundled with an RTX 2060.

So why you would want LESS graphics performance by sticking an RTX 2060 in it is beyond me.
Like CrossFire? Does it really works in Adobe Premier or 3D Max?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview