News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

$700 Core i7-1065G7 vs. $1400 Core i7-1065G7: What's the difference?

Started by Redaktion, March 18, 2020, 02:24:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

We compare the processor performance between two different 15-inch laptops equipped with the same Intel 10th gen Core i7 Ice Lake CPU. At worst, we're able to record a performance advantage of almost 60 percent on the more expensive laptop model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/700-Core-i7-1065G7-vs-1400-Core-i7-1065G7-What-s-the-difference.457523.0.html

A

Is the throttling due to thermals? For example, would a laptop cooler save you $700?

Alex113

Quote from: A on March 18, 2020, 03:32:47
Is the throttling due to thermals? For example, would a laptop cooler save you $700?

yes, it is throttling due to thermals (and sometimes manufacturer-imposed limits)
no, a laptop cooler wouldn't help with thermals much, if at all. the only thing you can really do is reapply thermal paste & undervolt, which can actually bring huge improvements

Rglabs

A cooler would want a huge difference, as some who has owned ideapads and used them with and without a cooler in high stress situation, saying a cooler which would force cooler air into the bottom intake of a laptop is very naive and extremely unprofessional as you offer no real data to support adding a cooler, your own picture posts show thenideapd hitting thermal max, reviewed paid for by Microsoft?

Larry Honig

You are a ducking Idiot. With all the degree front u of c did not increase your tucking brain cell count.

Farman

Good allan. A lot of figures there. You did not mention what is making ideapad perform low despite having the same processor. That would explain the difference more comprehensively.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview