News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD obliterated from PassMark's single-thread performance chart as Intel claims top 34 places thanks to version 10 update

Started by Redaktion, March 14, 2020, 11:55:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The PassMark site has recently introduced version 10 of its PerformanceTest benchmark, with the result being that Intel processors now utterly dominate the single-thread performance chart. The Intel Core i9-9900KS tops the list with a result of 3,039, while the highest AMD chip is down in 35th position with the Ryzen 3 4300U on 2,673.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-obliterated-from-PassMark-s-single-thread-performance-chart-as-Intel-claims-top-34-places-thanks-to-version-10-update.457506.0.html

sephiroth

Can't stop but wonder how convenient this update is for Intel...but the explanation shows 0 partiality toward intel,...maybe the used features more optimized by intel (AVX512,..) but that stops here.

Tbh, If I were to build a desktop, it's a no-brainer I'd pick AMD, not that obsolete 14nm Intel is still trying to shamefully market after years of delay on an already obsolete 10nm node.

PS5 And Xbox Series X will be massively produced....in 7nm EUV for Both GPU/CPU...and here one of the most powerful chipset manufacturers can't even do 10nm correctly.

They rested so many years on their achievements, made close to no efforts because of monopoly...but know AMD is back, finally and for modern day usage (gaming, decoding/encoding, heat/consumption,...) they are ahead of Intel

S.Yu

AFAIK Intel still does have a noticeable single core advantage by most measures, so this adjustment should be in line with most other benchmarks.

marmt

"Passmark ... attempts to be TRANSPARENT about the new tests..." FAKE! How about show us how much you are paid way before this effort started and how much you are paid after the effort started and the next 24 months!

FCC should start investigating both companies for antitrust laws!

Robin12

Intel does lead in single threaded performance. If core counts are similar then intel leads multi threaded performance too. But when AMD puts more cores (12+) in the high end then AMD start to have an advantage in multi core performance while still lagging in single threaded performance. So I am not sure why anyone is surprised seeing Intel leading the single threaded benchmarks.

Anon

Passingby

Totally believable, I trust Passmark unconditionally. Was swayed by these new results and gonna go buy Intel now.

PAVEL BONEV

Except you are not buying single thread CPU, check this out - AMD Threadripper is unbeatable so far. The new top of the line
Intel Core i9-10980XE - 32,561 just a position after
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X - 32,829.
AMD Ryzen 9 3950X - 39,417.
Check PassMark high end CPU chart.

Weylenn

Of course intel leads single core, but when the 3700x exceeds a 7700 in single core and it is nowhere to be found.. That's a little odd. And the gap isn't as big as it used to be. Another problem is that AVX512 is limited to HEDT as an instruction set, so... I don't see the point in including a desktop processor.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview