News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 4000 laptop prices and release dates accidentally leaked by Canadian retailers

Started by Redaktion, March 11, 2020, 09:13:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A number of Asus TUF Gaming laptops and Asus ROG devices powered by Renoir chips from AMD's Ryzen 4000 series have been spotted on Newegg Canada and the Canadian retailer Memory Express. Although the listings have all been removed now, it seems these Ryzen 4000 laptops will be released within a few days and are priced from CAD$899 up to CAD$2,499.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-4000-laptop-prices-and-release-dates-accidentally-leaked-by-Canadian-retailers.457173.0.html

Teddy

Curiously missing from both the Newegg and MemoryExpress Canadian pages is a Zephyrus G14 with both the originally advertised 4800HS and RTX 2060.

Instead we've got a 4900HS with 2060 and 4800HS with 1650/1660.

I wonder what the deal is here.

ewok_chief

The Zephyrus G14 has the ASUS codes GA401IU and GA401IV which are both listed here, sans 'Zephyrus' branding.

Looks like there is quite the price premium for the RTX 2060 version with the fancy AniMe Matrix lid.

A

Ryzen 7 4800H and GTX 1650? Are they serious or joking?

Time Spy benchmark (graphics score)
GTX 1650 = 3,467
4800H = 4,310

Yes, the internal GPU is more powerful than the external!

Daniel18462829

Since the integrated graphics on the CUP is already decent, I wish on the low end they could sell one that is still the higher clock speed H series but without the GPU to have better battery life and lower cost.

If it comes with a GPU that is about as powerful as the integrated graphics, is there a way to use both at the same time?

william blake

Quote from: Daniel18462829 on March 11, 2020, 18:37:11
Since the integrated graphics on the CUP is already decent, I wish on the low end they could sell one that is still the higher clock speed H series but without the GPU to have better battery life and lower cost.
you are talking about the whole missing segment-fast cpu working machines.
oems and vendors decided it for us. need fast cpu?-you are a gamer!

JayN

These get a lot of press, but I don't understand what would be the advantage vs a similar configuration, but substituting a 5.3GHz Comet Lake H with wiif6 and thunderbolt io.

Are most of these H suffix laptops going to use discrete GPUs?

william blake

Quote from: JayN on March 11, 2020, 21:59:18
These get a lot of press, but I don't understand what would be the advantage vs a similar configuration, but substituting a 5.3GHz Comet Lake H with wiif6 and thunderbolt io.
renoir is faster and cheaper even with third party controllers.
5.3 lol. we are on notebookchek not in the middle of a desert. read some reviews please.

nn

The webcache of the Newegg site shows that

Asus TUF Gaming TUF706IU-AS76

also has 1660 Ti, and not the ordinary 1660.

Dinatale

NO high end ASUS gaming laptops on the list such as Zephyrus and SCAR 3 is a worrying sign  :-X most likely gaming performance of Ryzen is not great as usual..

william blake

Quote from: Dinatale on March 13, 2020, 09:17:52
NO high end ASUS gaming laptops on the list such as Zephyrus and SCAR 3 is a worrying sign  :-X most likely gaming performance of Ryzen is not great as usual..
such a wise words! NO high end ASUS gaming laptops with intel  such as Zephyrus and SCAR 3 is a worrying sign, and no ASUS laptops at all with intel. most likely intel is done, forever...

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview