News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GPD Win Max full specs revealed: Thunderbolt 3, backlit keyboard, and an 8-inch landscape screen to tempt handheld PC fans

Started by Redaktion, March 09, 2020, 09:55:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The full specifications for the GPD Win Max handheld computer have been published online. The gaming device features the Ice Lake Intel Core i5-1035G7 and 16 GB of LPDDR4 RAM @3733 MHz. However, it is details such as the backlit QWERTY chiclet keyboard, the presence of a Thunderbolt 3 port, and the diminutive 8-inch form that have been exciting fans.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GPD-Win-Max-full-specs-revealed-Thunderbolt-3-backlit-keyboard-and-an-8-inch-landscape-screen-to-tempt-handheld-PC-fans.456334.0.html

jumanjimanji

Is it possible to connect an EGPU with external monitor? That would make this an instant swap with my Gigabyte laptop for me!

William Su

Imo GPD should switch to AMD for their next system, it's more efficient and performs even better on integrated.

MOFO

Quote from: jumanjimanji on March 09, 2020, 18:19:26
Is it possible to connect an EGPU with external monitor? That would make this an instant swap with my Gigabyte laptop for me!

Yes, it has  ThunderBolt 3 port

Hunam

@William Su

AMD APUs have power management problem that GPD can't solve without proper documentation (another problem). And supply isn't there for small companies like GPD (that's a third).

They should aim for Tiger Lake for Win 3 unless AMD sorts their shet out.

Sergey

Quote from: William Su on March 09, 2020, 18:34:14
Imo GPD should switch to AMD for their next system, it's more efficient and performs even better on integrated.

you must be sure that GPD engineers tested all the existing platforms and had choose more efficient and stable of them. of course they don't choose by company name (and or intel) like you did in your head

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview