News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkBook 14 Review: Business Laptop with Great Connectivity

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2020, 22:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Lenovo's ThinkBooks are aimed primarily at business users. They lack most of the ThinkPad series' numerous business features but should still perform adequately nevertheless. Find out in our review how well the new subnotebook did, and what its pros and cons are.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkBook-14-Review-Business-Laptop-with-Great-Connectivity.455201.0.html

Linux Engineer

This laptop would be great for developers, except that Lenovo has failed to configure the trackpad in a way that allows Linux to control it.

Linux has been unusable on this device for many months.  Don't buy it.

Collins Ethan

The onboard RAM of 8GB seems to have very aggressive specs. Which brand is it of? And did you modify the timings in the BIOS?

Would appreciate if you can answer.

Alex N

I think you should expand your "input devices" section with a short review of the touchpad.

This particular Thinkbook line, does not have the windows precision touchpad driver, meaning lack of possibility to use gesture-controls. And zoom-effect is not smooth at all as expected...

We nearly bought this computer based on it being on your top-10 list for budget-notebooks, but luckily we it was on display at the computer-store, and we identified this lack ourselves.

I think this is a very big issue with this computer, and not at all in level with 2020-industri standard, even for the cheaper notebooks.

Goergijs

I have recieved one recently with i3, 8GB, 256GB, FreeDos, IPS, backlit keyboard configuration: 20SL003NPB. Got it for 586 euro.
I was afraid of bad screen but it was exellent: 1200:1 and 310nit. I would give it 9 out of 10 taking into account the laptop price.
There are couple things I don't like:
- Touchpad is average: clicks are not smooth, very discreet. Also you cannot right click by touching touchpad with two fingers, so you have to click, and the click is not awesome. Leftclicking with touch is fine. I would give it 6 out of 10.
- I was testing it at night, but the fan was always spinning and it was not silent. I would give it also 6.5 out of 10. After all W10 updates we installed it seemed to become queter.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview