News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

A new leak points to an upgrade to aptX for the Sony WF-1000XM3 earbuds

Started by Redaktion, March 03, 2020, 20:27:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The Sony WF-1000XM3s are widely regarded as some of the best TWS earbuds out there. However, they do have some discrepancies, one of which is the absence of Qualcomm's aptX HD Bluetooth codec. A new leak suggests that this is to be addressed soon.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/A-new-leak-points-to-an-upgrade-to-aptX-for-the-Sony-WF-1000XM3-earbuds.455299.0.html

Roland Garcia

No way I have the OnePlus 6T and have the option to turn on aptx. My Sony Bluetooth connect with ldac it's such a smoother pipeline

crogs

And with a Mediatek chip that's possible how? Is it going to magically transform into the Qualcomm chip?

S.Yu

I know LDAC kills the battery (not to mention probably being overkill for the amps and drivers in these) but have no idea if aptx is more efficient or not.

ascariss

Hi everyone, the article is from my blog, I have updated my original post, seems qualcomm has removed the wf-1000xm3 from their site, but the photo of the wf-1000xm3 is still on their server, so maybe it is still coming, but in the future. If this was a mistake I am sure even the photo would have been deleted from their server.

I agree crogs, it would be hard to get aptX onto a non qualcomm based chip, but the codec is software based and not hardware based, similar with LDAC. Remains to be seen what will happen and if Sony and qualcomm have come to some agreement regarding aptx on their mediatek based headsets.

There is a rumour that the wf-1000xm4 will be using ldac but the low bitrate option, 330kbps.

S.Yu

Quote from: ascariss on March 04, 2020, 20:37:30
Hi everyone, the article is from my blog, I have updated my original post, seems qualcomm has removed the wf-1000xm3 from their site, but the photo of the wf-1000xm3 is still on their server, so maybe it is still coming, but in the future. If this was a mistake I am sure even the photo would have been deleted from their server.

I agree crogs, it would be hard to get aptX onto a non qualcomm based chip, but the codec is software based and not hardware based, similar with LDAC. Remains to be seen what will happen and if Sony and qualcomm have come to some agreement regarding aptx on their mediatek based headsets.

There is a rumour that the wf-1000xm4 will be using ldac but the low bitrate option, 330kbps.
And...is that really any improvement? LDAC doesn't strike me as very efficient.

ascariss

Quote from: S.Yu on March 04, 2020, 22:26:31
And...is that really any improvement? LDAC doesn't strike me as very efficient.

No I don't think LDAC or aptX would be beneficial, both would use up more battery I feel than sbc or aac.

Quote from: crogs on March 04, 2020, 16:31:03
And with a Mediatek chip that's possible how? Is it going to magically transform into the Qualcomm chip?

Sony's walkmans, the NW-A30, A40 and A50, NW-ZX300 and NW-WM1Z/A all support aptx but use mediatek bluetooth chips.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview