News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Huawei reportedly circumvents US policy with its 100% in-house base station

Started by Redaktion, March 02, 2020, 19:06:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Base stations are crucial pieces of hardware for mobile networks, particularly 5G ones. Huawei is now reportedly in a position to sell versions of these devices based on their own proprietary chipsets, rather than those made by US companies as before. Therefore, this country's administration's efforts to lock this OEM out of the 5G market appear to have been thwarted, at least in part.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Huawei-reportedly-circumvents-US-policy-with-its-100-in-house-base-station.455220.0.html

Aastra

It seems US can't accept huawei developed their own technology. US want to close the competition by banning them. What more can you expect from them who always been doing this at the same time preach others of buisness ethics. Which they never had.

S.Yu

I've never heard of this "Tianyi" despite keeping an eye on them for years, and I don't think one "chipset" could solve their problem as each basestation inevitably contains multiple chips with ties to the US. The entire Chinese semiconductor industry is in an especially weak position to manufacture analog chips, many of which is needed in a basestation. Even if Huawei were to have obtained the capability to design these, they don't have access to a manufacturer with specialized processes, so I'm highly skeptical of this report.

I noticed what's funny now, Huawei has been shipping 5G basestations for months, a part of that was a Chinese contract unfairly and disproportionately granted to them despite Ericsson's ability to undercut their offer (yes, you read right, Ericsson can be cheaper), so whatever US ban there was, it currently isn't in place, at least in terms of supplying components needed for their basestations.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview