News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

AMD Ryzen 5 4500U powering a purported Lenovo IdeaPad laptop takes the Intel Core i7-10710U to the cleaners in Geekbench 5

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2020, 15:32:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

A Geekbench 5 listing of the AMD Ryzen 5 4500U powering an unnamed Lenovo laptop seems to indicate that Renoir has enough muscle to beat the Intel Core i7-10710U Comet Lake-U with very good sustained performance. Although not indicated, the Lenovo laptop could, in fact, be an upcoming IdeaPad model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Ryzen-5-4500U-powering-a-purported-Lenovo-IdeaPad-laptop-takes-the-Intel-Core-i7-10710U-to-the-cleaners-in-Geekbench-5.454711.0.html

william blake

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: william blake on February 27, 2020, 15:53:27
LENOVO INVALID" is my favorite geekbench laptop model :)
4500u is a direct competitor to 1065g7

Lol. I'd like to see an actual marketing name like that :D

william blake

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 27, 2020, 16:11:46
i guess its possible. whats best for/in marketing? well known, recognizable name.
lenovo invalid-10k results in geekench 4 search. pretty big number.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: william blake on February 27, 2020, 16:44:51
Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 27, 2020, 16:11:46
i guess its possible. whats best for/in marketing? well known, recognizable name.
lenovo invalid-10k results in geekench 4 search. pretty big number.
Meet the Lenovo GeekbenchPad now powered by AMD ;)

A

4500U beats the 1065g7 and 10710u, 4700u beats a 250MX on graphics.

I can't wait to see 4800u and 4900u.

I would also like to see some actual release dates, not vague quarter dates. Does anyone know when the embargo ends at least?

william blake

Quote from: A on February 27, 2020, 18:05:45
4500U beats the 1065g7 and 10710u
4500u=1065g7 in cpu multicore and gpu. same memory options.
10710 has faster cpu and slower gpu, no lp memory option.
Quote4700u beats a 250MX on graphics
id love to spend extra 50usd for 250mx to pair with 4xxxu
QuoteI can't wait to see 4800u and 4900u
4800=4700+25% cpu
4900=4700+30% cpu :)
QuoteI would also like to see some actual release dates, not vague quarter dates. Does anyone know when the embargo ends at least?
the whole system is fucked up. i can call my car dealer about any date and any piece of my current or future car. he would be very happy to share any information with me, i am his money. laptop oems, on the other hand, are all in cooperation against consumers. no dates, no answers, hidden parameters/hardware everywhere, we share our knowledge about compatibility, performance, upgrade options, between us, with no to very little help from a manufacturer.
i tried to discuss this question on reddit a couple of years ago. people told me something like "haha who the f*** are you"

Greffen

Your Geekbench search link shows many Intel Core i7-10710U scoring over 5000+ in Lenovo based chasis. There goes the "much better" argument. ;D

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: Greffen on February 28, 2020, 04:07:58
Your Geekbench search link shows many Intel Core i7-10710U scoring over 5000+ in Lenovo based chasis. There goes the "much better" argument. ;D

Haha. That's for Linux. Not under Windows. Have a look again ;)

jaco

There are multiple examples of over 5000 scores in windows using MSI prestige or Dell XPS chassis. And even over 6000 on NUC platforms. It doesn't seem to be OS dependent.

Greffen

Quote from: Vaidyanathan on February 28, 2020, 04:38:45
Quote from: Greffen on February 28, 2020, 04:07:58

Haha. That's for Linux. Not under Windows. Have a look again ;)
Go look again, 5000+ for Windows also and not just Linux.

Vaidyanathan

Go look again, 5000+ for Windows also and not just Linux.
[/quote]

Yeah you're right. I stand corrected. Anyways, I did say "most" in the article. The same variability will likely apply for the Ryzen as well.

JayN

Won't the Renoir chips be competing vs Tiger Lake, which are going out to OEMs this summer?  A pcgamer article reports more competitive Geekbench 5 numbers for Tiger Lake...

"Assuming the Geekbench numbers are true, Tiger Lake-U has some modest gains in performance: a single core score of 1400, and a multi-core score of 4920."

william blake

Quote from: JayN on February 29, 2020, 23:44:30
Won't the Renoir chips be competing vs Tiger Lake, which are going out to OEMs this summer?  A pcgamer article reports more competitive Geekbench 5 numbers for Tiger Lake...

"Assuming the Geekbench numbers are true, Tiger Lake-U has some modest gains in performance: a single core score of 1400, and a multi-core score of 4920."
amd renoir is about:
-energy efficiency under load
-a lot of productivity
-midrange low power to high-end gaming/working long lineup
-competitive price
-often a better gpu(does not matter much really)
the only flaws
-idle power consumption(not confirmed)
-intel has faster single thread performance(does not matter much really. since it costs energy, there is no 5ghz advantage like in desktop)
current intel chips are full of flaws.
14nm lakes are hot and power hungry, also worse gpu, 10nm lakes are..4 cores. you say 5k geekbench for the new tiger? renoir is up to 8k. good luck with it.

ed

Is this the Lenovo INVALID 3500u model?

Now ready to order at Lenovo US site; search for IdeaPad-5-15ARE05.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview