News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Comparison test Sony IMX686 vs. IMX586: The big camera revolution comes to nothing

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2020, 08:41:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

With the Xiaomi Redmi K30 5G and the OnePlus 7T Pro, we have the two current Sony IMX generations competing against each other. Our camera comparison of the two Sony camera sensors will determine how big the differences between the new IMX686 and the IMX586 are in everyday life.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Comparison-test-Sony-IMX686-vs-IMX586-The-big-camera-revolution-comes-to-nothing.454689.0.html

H.V

You do know that you're basically comparing JPEG engines, right?
To compare sensor output you need to use RAW files(variation in lens performance will still be there).

Avi

You guys need an editor ASAP...
What's wrong with you? The biggest difference between the two phones is the software!! Then the CPU! Then the lens! Even if they had the same exact sensor the pictures would be immensely different!

xpclient

The software does so much post processing and OnePlus' is superior to Redmi that's why the difference.  :)

Ungeherr

This article should be taken down. Software is 50% if not more when it comes to picture quality.
If you want to compare sensors then ask Sony to send you two samples with similar software. You're a big media so it's very likely that they would agree as there's a risk that you would make a stupid comparison like this one if they decline your offer.

LoLyeah

What the hell? If you want more comparable version, just compare Redmi K20 with Redmi K30. Not OnePlus 7T Pro. ISP and software matters too!

Shlomo Vogel

This article seems unprofessional. To compare two different Sony sensors
can only be done on the very same hard.- and software.

Ankesh

This article is not worthy of notebookcheck. Even recent articles regarding DXOmark don't appear professional. Please write something original.

Sliderpro

Why cant we compare phones, people?
Our interest is the result and not the hardware or software. It makes sense to compare results. The only reason to be upset - noteboocheck speculation that it is lenses problem.

I agree. Sony *ucked up a great concept of pixel binning. Image quality dosnt increase with pixels. It increases with pixel size. I would rather have 12mpxl huge sensor (like in K30) with pixel binning to 3 mpxl in difficult lighting. Its better to make a decent photo then to not make any photo at all.

Ronnie

Florent

I agree with the article.  I own the realme 5 pro with imx 586 and realme 7 pro with imx 686 and I also use the google camera The photos of the realme 5 pro are brighter and more detailed.  The photos with the realme 7 pro are flat and lack sharpness and sharpness.  The imx 586 produces better results and moreover even the top of the range continue to use it (oppo reno 4, find x2 neo, pro, one plus 8 etc ...)

dB dafuq

As mentioned before, comparing a Oneplus to a realme is just not the smart way of doing this. The IMX 686 sensor is a lot more capable than the review here lets on to, it's a very substational improvement over the last gen.

The reason why the IMX 686 here falls short is due to 2 factors:
1.) The Image processing chip on the realme is quite bad compared to the one on the Oneplus.
2.) The software that composes an Image on the realme is also quite inferior to the one on the Oneplus 7T pro.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview