News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Confirmed: Neither the Samsung Galaxy S8 nor the Galaxy Note 8 will receive Android 10 and One UI 2.0

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2020, 07:54:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung has definitively confirmed that neither the Galaxy S8 nor the Galaxy Note 8 will receive an update for Android 10 and One UI 2.0. There was some confusion in regard to whether these devices would receive the latest operating software upgrades, but it's now official that they will not. Both the Galaxy S8 and the Note 8 were released in 2017.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Confirmed-Neither-the-Samsung-Galaxy-S8-nor-the-Galaxy-Note-8-will-receive-Android-10-and-One-UI-2-0.454753.0.html

Jeff Murray

And that is why I replaced the wife's S8 with the OnePlus 7Pro.  Samsung has started down that slippery slope from which there is no return.  Ask HTC...

Robbie

Not good! I could understand it if the hardware was not capable, but this simply is not true. Big companies encouraging mass waste for profit. I would even be happy to pay for the update to the latest OS. That's what I did with Windows throughout the years. We ban straws but allow this level of technological waste. It's all messed up!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview