News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

GOG updates refund policy to include games that are played up to 30 days after purchase

Started by Redaktion, February 27, 2020, 05:01:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

The games distribution platform GOG updated its refund policy today, expanding it to a flat 30-day refund period. This even applies to games that have been played, though GOG has stated it retains the right to review individual refund requests and deny them should it find a reason to.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/GOG-updates-refund-policy-to-include-games-that-are-played-up-to-30-days-after-purchase.454744.0.html

Anon

This is quite generous move from GOG. However, this kind of generosity might be misused by many. Since, all GOG games are DRM-free, people can just buy, take the DRM-free files from the game, then ask for refund. Of course they're not eligible for game further updates, but still, this might scare many game developers.

S.Yu

Sounds too generous, but this mainly applies to games that aren't already pirated, which should be few.

Superguy

It could scare away devs, but GOG could just reverse the policy. They're trying to strike a balance between devs getting their due but also for consumers that either don't like the game or find it's buggy/incompatible/etc.

I see GOG canning this policy quickly if any devs threaten to leave over policy abuse.

I remember when EB/Gamestop had the policy for PC games.  I only ever used it once because a game was really bad and buggy.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview