News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The Huawei MateBook X Pro (2020) is now in it's second iteration, still doesn't get webcam positioning right

Started by Redaktion, February 26, 2020, 21:27:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Huawei has introduced the MateBook X Pro (2020) earlier this week. The MateBook X Pro continues the same design language of the last year model, including the odd webcam placement, with the only notable differences being the new Emerald Green color option and upgraded internals to Intel Comet Lake-U and NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-Huawei-MateBook-X-Pro-2020-is-now-in-it-s-second-iteration-still-doesn-t-get-webcam-positioning-right.454592.0.html

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: asdqwe on February 26, 2020, 22:28:53
For me camera is positioned in perfect way. The title is wrong.

Hmm... good that you've found it useful. However, the positioning is still awkward considering that the camera angle is fixed and it points up your nose. Also, I don't see any indications of Huawei upgrading the image quality, either at least from the press notes. We should know more when we get to review this notebook.

But yeah, apart from that, great laptop. As someone else was pointing out, a Core i7-10710U option would have been good to have as well.

TorontoTim

Third iteration.

If one of the key premises of the article is the generation of the laptop, get that right at least.

I don't mind the camera, but it would be nice for them to pull a Dell and get it into a more convenient location as I do use a camera for video conferencing regularly.

When I'm not at my desk where, like most professionals, I have external monitors, keyboard, mouse and proper webcam, I usually pull out a small portable webcam of higher quality than the built-in cam anyway.

I do this on my 2018 Matebook X Pro i7/16/512/MX150.

JohnOrbixtar

Such a pity that they decided to only use Intel's chipset and not AMDs Ryzen 4000 series. Looks like I will still need to wait for a great designed laptop to feature this chipset.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: TorontoTim on February 27, 2020, 13:10:36
Third iteration.

If one of the key premises of the article is the generation of the laptop, get that right at least.

I don't mind the camera, but it would be nice for them to pull a Dell and get it into a more convenient location as I do use a camera for video conferencing regularly.

When I'm not at my desk where, like most professionals, I have external monitors, keyboard, mouse and proper webcam, I usually pull out a small portable webcam of higher quality than the built-in cam anyway.

I do this on my 2018 Matebook X Pro i7/16/512/MX150.

Well, it is an interpretational difference. The first MateBook X didn't have a Pro moniker. So, if I want to count the MateBook X Pros alone, this will be the second iteration. There have been changes to the laptop design ever since the Pro was introduced in 2018 so I felt it would make sense to consider this as the second MateBook X Pro rather than the third MateBook X.

Vaidyanathan

Quote from: JohnOrbixtar on February 27, 2020, 17:18:09
Such a pity that they decided to only use Intel's chipset and not AMDs Ryzen 4000 series. Looks like I will still need to wait for a great designed laptop to feature this chipset.
True, an AMD variant in such a slim chassis would have been a great marketing push for Team Red. May be something is in the works down the line, hopefully.

NamesAreTaken

I honestly don't think the camera position is a problem. So many people would put a sticker in front of their camera no matter where it is, having the camera hidden is easier and makes the screen better looking in terms of aesthetics.

Aside from that, what's the chance that you'll be using your camera on your laptops these days? I think a better eco that can incorporate your phone to do some of the tasks for your laptop is better than having a face camera. 

I'm not sure about macbooks, PCs don't have great quality cameras in general, the focus shouldn't be on the camera only, but availability, portability, performance, and relibility.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview