News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga introduces OLED screen, regular X13 uses AMD Ryzen Pro 4000

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2020, 15:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Two new X series ThinkPads are introduced today. The convertible Lenovo ThinkPad X13 Yoga will be available with an 4K UHD OLED screen, while the regular, non-convertible ThinkPad X13 introduces AMD Ryzen Pro 4000 to the ThinkPad X series.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X13-Yoga-introduces-OLED-screen-regular-X13-uses-AMD-Ryzen-Pro-4000.454395.0.html

alien

juergbi

Quote from: alien on February 24, 2020, 15:45:04
The specs are odd. The CPU lists Ryzen gen 3 and thunderbolt for the AMD laptop.

Ryzen 4800U and co. are 3rd Gen Ryzen products according to AMD, and it makes sense given they are based on the same technology as the 3rd Gen Ryzen desktop processors (Ryzen 3500 and up).

I'm surprised about Thunderbolt support as well but with some AM4 desktop mainboards it has been possible for a while. To my knowledge there was never a real technological hurdle.

Valantar

Sigh. If only these had 16:10 or 3:2 displays. They would be perfect. So close though. I'll still be considering n AMD X13 if reviews are good, especially if it runs at 25W and can feed the iGPU well.

Btw, "DDR4x"? Do they mean LPDDR4X? 'Cause there's either DDR4or LPDDR4x, there's no such thing as "DDR4x".

And yes, there's nothing stopping an AMD device from having Thunderbolt, it's an open standard now, and the controllers are sold to anyone. They just need to pay Intel to certify the PC when the design is done.

The 4000-series APUs are 3rd gen Zen APUs; there were never 1000-series APUs. As they are launched out of sync APUs are named one generation ahead of CPUs.

xpclient

dontpokethebear

Quote from: Valantar on February 24, 2020, 19:33:41
Sigh. If only these had 16:10 or 3:2 displays. They would be perfect. So close though. I'll still be considering n AMD X13 if reviews are good, especially if it runs at 25W and can feed the iGPU well.

Btw, "DDR4x"? Do they mean LPDDR4X? 'Cause there's either DDR4or LPDDR4x, there's no such thing as "DDR4x".

And yes, there's nothing stopping an AMD device from having Thunderbolt, it's an open standard now, and the controllers are sold to anyone. They just need to pay Intel to certify the PC when the design is done.

The 4000-series APUs are 3rd gen Zen APUs; there were never 1000-series APUs. As they are launched out of sync APUs are named one generation ahead of CPUs.

I feel exactly the same way!! For me, I am waiting for an X1 Carbon with a 16:10 or 3:2 display, Thunderbolt 3, and an AMD APU with a 25W configuration. With Dell and LG going for 16:10 and Microsoft and Huawei going 3:2, I really hope it's just a matter of time before Lenovo gives us a good business notebook with a good business aspect ratio. I can wait another year and a half for maybe a Navi based APU but I want it now! :)

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview