News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Lenovo ThinkPad T14, T14s & T15 with AMD Ryzen Pro 4000 (and Intel Comet Lake) announced

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2020, 15:04:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

In the year 2020, Lenovo is changing the naming of its mainstream ThinkPad laptop series. The three new T series ThinkPads that follow the new system are called ThinkPad T14, ThinkPad T14s and ThinkPad T15. All of them feature Intel Comet Lake CPUs and ThinkPad T14 & T14s will also be available with AMD Ryzen Pro 4000.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-T14-T14s-T15-with-AMD-Ryzen-Pro-4000-and-Intel-Comet-Lake-announced.454393.0.html

J

Dire

Why would they bundle the better panel with the slower CPU/GPU setup? Makes no practical sense.

jeremy

Quote from: Andre54 on February 24, 2020, 16:02:51
No Ethernet on T14 AMD??

I don't think that is a mistake - the AMD is listed with one more USB-A port :(

They have to gimp the AMD version somehow. I am also somewhat suspicious of the lack of into on the RAM, and the "DDR4x" indication. My guess (and it's horrible): soldered RAM only for the AMD version.

Also, for the other fellow, the bezels are fine (IMO). It's 16:9 that I have a problem with.

william blake

Quote from: J on February 24, 2020, 15:51:32
Does that look like Thunderbolt on an AMD system ? Why is no one surprised ? Is it a typo ?
you can buy a thunderbolt controller for your amd system too. not a problem.

slow

as usual the best panels are only for shitty intel solutions, hope that others brands put the 4k on the amd solutions...

nonameT1400

Quote from: J on February 24, 2020, 15:51:32
Does that look like Thunderbolt on an AMD system ? Why is no one surprised ? Is it a typo ?

That must be a mistake. Thuderbolt is the intel's proprietary technology supported only bz their processors.

Lenovo WTF

Dear Lenovo, where did you forget gigabit ethernet? WTF? I will never buy such crap.

Poor AMD, Intel is corrupting  everybody to make crappy AMD Ryzen laptops. First, It was awesome Asus G14 without ethernet and its thinkpad T14.

f*** all these hypocrytes.

Thinkpad Fan

No Ethernet on the AMD T14? What a joke. First you completely solder all of the ram, then you take away Ethernet on one of the models. I was considering buying one of these, but if it's at the expense of Ethernet, count me out

william blake

Quote from: Thinkpad Fan on February 24, 2020, 20:56:01
No Ethernet on the AMD T14? What a joke. First you completely solder all of the ram, then you take away Ethernet on one of the models.
intel T14s has no ethernet too. but seemingly people don't care about it.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview