News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Ryzen 5 3600 outsells closest Core rival by nearly 13 to one as AMD hammers Intel into the ground in Mindfactory CPU sales data

Started by Redaktion, February 24, 2020, 08:15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Leaked CPU sales data from Mindfactory has shown an astonishing dominance for AMD over Intel. The overall share is 86.11% to 13.89% in favor of Team Red. The Ryzen 5 3600 chip was the bestseller for the week with 1,280 units sold, while the top-performing Intel processor was the Core i7-9700K, which only managed to secure 100 sales.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Ryzen-5-3600-outsells-closest-Core-rival-by-nearly-13-to-one-as-AMD-hammers-Intel-into-the-ground-in-Mindfactory-CPU-sales-data.454514.0.html

Micka

The ryzen 1600 part listed is the new AF variant, which internally more resembles a 2600 than the original Zen processor.

william blake

Quote from: S.Yu on February 24, 2020, 14:48:02
Seriously? Why is every single model sold in multiples of 10's?
guess round numbers are easy for the shop.
https://www.mindfactory.de/Hardware/Prozessoren+(CPU).html
you dont need to change the number after one more sell.

cahill

I think I might be included in the ryzen 5 3600 sales I just got one works great actually always wanted to wait for Gen 2 before I'd adopt amd again

RzCrumbSzSideUp

"Another HEDT chip is one of the biggest sellers of the week, with the 8-core AMD Ryzen 7 3700X"

Actually the 3700X is a mainstream/desktop  SKU and AMD has mainstream/AM4 motherboard platform processors that go all the way up to the 16 core/32 thread 3950X. AMD's HEDT is branded as Threadripper/TRX40 motherboard platform on that current 3000 series line of Zen-2 based Desktop/HEDT(Threadripper Branded) line of processors that goes all the way up to the 64 core 3990X.

Now AMD's Ryzen APUs started of at the 2000 series and Zen-1 while the Zen+ Ryzen APUs are using the 3000 series branding and are not Zen-2 based. When the Ryzen 4000 series APUs arrive under 4000 series branding that will actually be Zen-2 based while the 4000 series Desktop/HEDT parts will be moving up to the Zen-3 CPU core micro-architecture and for Zen-3 the CCX unit will be supplanted by the CCD and the entire CCD's complement of L3 cache will be available to the CCD's full 8 Zen-3 cores.

The Tech Press needs to get together and create for their industry a proper technology nomenclature/glossary of AMD/Intel/Nvidia/other maker specific terminology and stop making so many egregious errors. Branding and code name terminology should also be included especially for the online press that lack the proper editor review prior to publishing. 

Reporters used to carry reporting guide books(CPU/GPU industry focused) and that's very much needed for the technology reporting  folks who appear to be more communication arts majors than Computing Sciences majors but AMD, Intel, Nvidia and others are lacking in the types of dictionaries/glossaries of terms that the old mainframe makers where famous for(IBM, Burroughs, Sperry/Univac etc).

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview