News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

The return of the headphone jack: Sony Xperia 1 II official spec sheet leaks in full ahead of launch

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2020, 18:18:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Sony will unveil its next flagship tomorrow and the phone's technical spec sheet has surfaced, revealing a device that competes against the Samsung Galaxy S20+ without necessarily losing. Major talking points include the return of a 3.5mm headphone jack, the same main camera sensor as the Galaxy S20 and S20+, 3x optical zoom, and a 4000 mAh battery.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/The-return-of-the-headphone-jack-Sony-Xperia-1-II-official-spec-sheet-leaks-in-full-ahead-of-launch.454500.0.html

S.Yu

I can't decide if 1 II or 1.1 is worse ;D
But that aside everything looks great!! I've always had a thing for the boxy but sophisticated Sonys, as opposed to the generic and vaguely ugly-looking LGs.
The "90Hz equivalent" sounds weird, they'd have to render in 90Hz then do frame merging to output 60Hz or below, this only seems to make sense with IGZO's dynamic (and slow) refresh rate that conserves battery. I don't really mind if it's just regular 60Hz however.

Ashley James Hutchinson

"There's no support for 4K video recording, since none of the three sensors meet the 33 MP resolution requirement"
Uh my Xperia 1 has three 12mp Sensors and can shoot in 4k so yeah, what are you on about?.

Hamz

I think you meant that it would not support 8k which needs 33 mp, as 4k only needs the equivalent of around 8.5 megapixel. The triple array cameras are bigger, with the main one being 1.7 inch, so we can probably expect improved camera performance.

Though it seems that the phone is trying to cater to movie connoisseurs with its 4k visuals and robust audios, makes me worried that the software of the camera would still be lackluster.

Stuff I want to see
More log options(not the weird filters)
Post video edit options(color grading)
Touch to focus
60fps
Higher bit-rate
This is wishful thinking, but if it can be used as an external monitor for cameras, that would be perfect.

J.A.Y

Ricci Rox

Quote from: Ashley James Hutchinson on February 23, 2020, 21:28:19
"There's no support for 4K video recording, since none of the three sensors meet the 33 MP resolution requirement"
Uh my Xperia 1 has three 12mp Sensors and can shoot in 4k so yeah, what are you on about?.

Author here. My bad, I meant 8K video recording.

Exyvia

Quote from: Hamz on February 23, 2020, 23:38:10
I think you meant that it would not support 8k which needs 33 mp, as 4k only needs the equivalent of around 8.5 megapixel. The triple array cameras are bigger, with the main one being 1.7 inch, so we can probably expect improved camera performance.

Though it seems that the phone is trying to cater to movie connoisseurs with its 4k visuals and robust audios, makes me worried that the software of the camera would still be lackluster.

Stuff I want to see
More log options(not the weird filters)
Post video edit options(color grading)
Touch to focus
60fps
Higher bit-rate
This is wishful thinking, but if it can be used as an external monitor for cameras, that would be perfect.

From what I've heard, It already can be used as a external monitor through wifi.

Just google it.

xpclient

Too narrow! 71 mm! 😣 I need at least 76mm wide phone. (76mm is acceptable but still too narrow from my old 82mm wide 16:9 ratio LG phablet).

4000 mah is standard now even in budget devices. Flagships need at least 5000 mah.

Also, does this phone have Always On Display? When notifications arrive, I don't want to lift the phone or manually turn on the screen to see if something needs my attention. And the AOD should turn off in the pocket or when proximity sensor is covered. All phones are screwing this up lately. 😞

Not sure how I feel about side fingerprint sensor too as I am a leftie as much as I am a rightie.

S.Yu

Quote from: J.A.Y on February 24, 2020, 00:55:39
Sony Alpha 7 mark ii = A7ii
Sony Xperia 1 mark ii = X1ii

Inspired from their camera division, good
If there's a 'mark" here then I missed it. I haven't seen it in any of the texts though it might be pronounced that way.
Quote from: xpclient on February 24, 2020, 13:04:40
Not sure how I feel about side fingerprint sensor too as I am a leftie as much as I am a rightie.
Just register an index finger or middle finger, it's a narrow device after all.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview