News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Samsung patents its take on the waterfall display

Started by Redaktion, February 23, 2020, 15:11:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Samsung has filed a patent with the US Patent and Trademarks Office (USPTO) for a kind of display that, despite curving down around the sides of the phone, can also have physical buttons. This, in effect, is a new kind of punch-hole that could reconcile many buyers to waterfall displays and their potential drawbacks. Furthermore, the button could also be replaced by other modules or sensors.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Samsung-patents-its-take-on-the-waterfall-display.454492.0.html

S.Yu

Wow, buttons punching through the screen, what's next, the middle frame punching through the screen? ;)

Jordan

I honestly think this is stupid. On my S10+, I'm already having issues with my hand hitting the sides of the display and tapping it accidentally bcuz of the stupid curved edges; I can't even imagine what this would be like... What's the point of this? Like, why would I, or anyone for that matter, actually want this?

Sammie Boy

Seriously. You iphoners won't have a curved screen for 5 years so what are you crying about?

Nahyeah

Imma patent a phone cover that adds back the missing side, top and bottom bezels so there's somewhere to hold the phone without accidentally touching the screen.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview