News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Eve V: a final sale event has been announced for this "Surface alternative"

Started by Redaktion, February 22, 2020, 17:32:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Eve will launch its "last chance" to buy its first crowd-designed tablet, the V, soon. The company will sell the core i7, 16GB RAM variant of this product at less than US$800 on this date. However, the actual delivery of the same has been surrounded by controversy in the past; furthermore, it is to get a 2nd generation soon.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Eve-V-a-final-sale-event-has-been-announced-for-this-Surface-alternative.454466.0.html

S.Yu

Hard to imagine that these people could get their hands on Intel's 10nm capacity.

DavidC1

Quote from: S.Yu on February 22, 2020, 22:00:29
Hard to imagine that these people could get their hands on Intel's 10nm capacity.

You know Kabylake is 14nm right?

There are 40-plus laptops out there using Icelake. You are wrong.

G3m1n1

Please do not give this company any money. They have robbed literally hundreds, possibly thousands, of people during their December 17, 2017 flash sale of this same device. I and many, many others never received the device or a refund. They censor all comments about this event and do they're very best to sweep it under the rug. They are thieves and criminals and deserve to be held accountable.

Artemis

These dual core Kaby Lakes literally have less than half the performance of the i5 in the Surface Pro 6/7, due to the latter having 4 cores. Paying $800 for this level of performance in 2020? Thanks, but no thanks

Iacob Adrian Ratiu

Yeah, I know, it's good for EVE scammers bunch. Deidre, please visit Reddit's thread. I can vouch for those messgaes complaining this is a scam. I know, because I am one of those who never got the product, or the money back, after almost 18 months of waiting.
So Ms(Mrs?) Deirdre, the <<Numerous fans of the nascent brand subsequently asserted that they never received their orders, an issue that dogged the Eve V through the rest of its life as a marketed product.>> is not just a thing to casually mention. Why not tell your readers to check this out themselves?
PS: EVE.Co trolls, no more praising the Wonder Company and its Wonder Product? And: will this be another flash sale with only wire transfer payments? Kiss your money good-bye then!

S.Yu

Quote from: DavidC1 on February 22, 2020, 22:30:56
Quote from: S.Yu on February 22, 2020, 22:00:29

You know Kabylake is 14nm right?

There are 40-plus laptops out there using Icelake. You are wrong.
I'm talking about the note on the Tiger Lake successor, and Intel's shortage of 10nm capacity is real. 40 doesn't sound like much at all for Team Blue, as Ryzen 4000 should hit 100+ devices in 2020.

Brennan

I bought an eve v in December of 2019, and received it in about a week?/two weeks? It works well, and I like it.

As for the Reddit thread, anyone who posts anything other than hate for that company is permanently banned, and their posts removed. It is not the place to get an honest representation of how eve treats their customers.

Iacob Adrian Ratiu

Hi, Brennan,
welcome back! Everybody knows already about the only EVE device ever deliverd and you being the luckiest paying client they had. Or, perhaps, you got it for free, for defending those scam artists.
In any case, it may be true that trolls are banned from Reddit, but on the other hand, when I posted about my plight on the EVE forum where more victims were being lured, my reminding the co-founder that there are many, many clients who never received the tablet-or their money back-my message was deleted within seconds and I was banned from writing there again. So...you are either an employee, or a True Believer, probably the only one who saw the EveLight. Amen!

Farshid Momen

I paid for my V 3 in Dec 17 and still waiting for it. Many of us first buyers are still waiting. Show a little solidarity with those people ripped off by asking the company to deliver paid for computers before trying to sell Vs that in fact belong to others who have been waiting for years.

Farshid Momen

Quote from: Farshid Momen on February 24, 2020, 17:35:19
I paid for my V in Dec 17 and still waiting for it. Many of us first buyers are still waiting. Show a little solidarity with those people ripped off by asking the company to deliver paid for computers before trying to sell Vs that in fact belong to others who have been waiting for years.

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview