News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Affordability more important than games or graphics for future PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X owners

Started by Redaktion, February 19, 2020, 04:36:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

An interesting survey carried out by one of the creators of Mortal Kombat has offered up a surprising result in regard to what the key factor is for gamers when considering the purchase of a next-gen console. It seems the majority of voters are concerned about how much the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X will end up costing them.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Affordability-more-important-than-games-or-graphics-for-future-PlayStation-5-and-Xbox-Series-X-owners.454219.0.html

kony

Affordable price - yes, it matters, after all it's only to play games and watch movies, not to work on.
Better graphics - nice feature, but it's the gameplay that matters in games. What needs improvement is physics and AI!
Exclusive games - only a complete tool would want games to be exclusive, they should be available on as many platforms as possible and end user would choose the device they like most.
Last-gen games - nice feature, but also not very important, especially since old consoles will be dirt cheap.

vrvly

The same as ps did in the past, bringing price down even under the cost of hw, it matters if it cost more or less, not to forget microsoft may use multiple (versions/) price options.

Kirill Ignatev

Are you serious?
You're buying it for 5-6 years, does it matter if it's $500 or $1000?
I would rather pay more and get top hardware and top quality than cheaply made product.

Carl Grubb

What bothers me is that Sony may be cutting features for the PS 5 trying to meet an unrealistic price point that cheap gamer's are expecting and in some cases demanding.  The PS 4 was a watered down system and I fear that the same thing may happen to the PS5.  The bottom line is, you get what you pay for!  Pay for a true next gen power house of a console, you will get one.  Pay for a watered down somewhat next gen console, that is what you will end up with.  In Sony's marketing strategy I wish they would have shown gamer's the difference and let us choose which way we are willing to go for.  The cheap gamer's should stop tying Sony's hands and allow them to build the true next gen powerhouse of a console that gamer's really want!  $599.00 or $649.00  would be an excellent price for the PS 5.  Final thought:  The cheap gamer's who are causing Sony to struggle over the price point of the PS 5 are hurting all gamer's!  Because of them, we may all end up getting a much less true next gen gaming experience!

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview