News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Nvidia RTX laptops will challenge the AMD-powered PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X for gaming supremacy

Started by Redaktion, February 19, 2020, 02:18:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Nvidia CEO Jensen Huang has never been shy about bigging up the company he is in charge of, but his latest claim will certainly raise some eyebrows among console fans. The executive reckons that gaming laptops fitted with Nvidia RTX GPUs will defeat the AMD-based PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X in the upcoming next-gen console clash.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Nvidia-RTX-laptops-will-challenge-the-AMD-powered-PlayStation-5-and-Xbox-Series-X-for-gaming-supremacy.454217.0.html

M Fortin

Jensen you are a true PUTZ as well as a TOOL

and full blown optical based chips will without a shadow of a doubt demolish anything Ngreedia will have available for many many years into the future.

2 things, who gives a flying @#$@!# how potent he believes those laptops are....Laptop---console---completely different market segment

My "old" system completely without a doubt smokes PS1-2-3-4 and Xbox anything to this day.

Does it really matter? nope, not at all.

again, what an utter TOOL and a PUTZ.

when his stuff does not sell, he will point a finger at everyone but himself

TruthIsThere

The CEO sounds like he is afraid of the future and he should be. A $1300 - $4000 notebook will not be capable of handling 4K@60P while ray-tracing on. Hell, even a desktop 2080ti buckles down on those setting at around 50-60ish in the game Control.

And before PC fanboys come crushing in, even the developers and AMD have said the next-gen will have ray-tracing.

It cost hundreds to thousands of dollars for me to upgrade my rig while I watch the gaming industry caters and focus on the consoles (and now Stadia)  a hell of a lot more but now, Stadia is a very serious threat to PC gaming.

No more updraded hardware is needed, no more software updates, play on more devices and where's the internet connection is an issue, you have the solid next-gen consoles to fill in the rest

PC gaming has shifted, folks!

william blake

does this even make sense? im fine with different prices and markets, but  with every new generation consoles make a huge jump in hardware power, so if he talking supremacy now what was it a year ago?

alixzy

I don't know what Huang is smoking these days but sure as hell it must be some strong stuff.
Or perhaps reeks of desperation as AMD slowly but surely are cornering Ngreedia into a corner?

william blake

Quote from: alixzy on February 19, 2020, 14:01:11
Or perhaps reeks of desperation as AMD slowly but surely are cornering Ngreedia into a corner?
never heard of that. nvidia is way ahead technologically, a monopoly in some segments, and makes shitload of money.

Spunjji

It's almost like he doesn't understand that cost is a relevant factor.

For $1000 all-in you could get a 4K TV and a next-gen console that will have similar raw power to a desktop RTX 2070. That's about $300 less than it would cost to get an RTX 2060 notebook that's nowhere near even the desktop RTX 2060 in terms of performance.

He's a very strange man.

Superguy

Not only that, but like Stadia, Nvidia also has its own streaming service. I can play a few bucks a month and get access to high end hardware over the Internet, or I can pay tons of money to get a respectable gaming laptop. 

Let's be real here, $1300 is entry level in laptops.  If you want anything good you're up in the $2000+ range.  It'll be good for a couple years and then be obsolete.

I haven't had a desktop at home in years.

As mentioned before, I can drop $1000-1200 on a decent TV and a console and be good for the next several years. I still enjoy my PS4 despite its age, even though I have a gaming laptop that can outperform it.

Then there's the fact that I don't have to muck with drivers or hardware or anything like that with a console.  I buy the game and go.

R V

nVidia has been whining about consoles since 2013.  They were wrong then and they will continue to be wrong!! 

Any laptop competing with a console will cost almost DOUBLE what a console costs.

Consoles do not need a HD screen while laptops do!!!  Even though laptops can certainly drive a large screen HD monitor or tv, about 25-30% of the cost of the laptop is a NECESSARY screen.

Consoles are also social gaming devices.  Folks visit and compete with each other in the room.  Basically a console is a babysitter.

The laptop is a solo gaming device.  It will not be set up in the living room or TV room or with an entertainment center for family gaming.

The laptop is also a resource that has uses other than gaming and those other uses will mean that unlike a console, the laptop LEAVES. 

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview