News:

Willkommen im Notebookcheck.com Forum! Hier können sie über alle unsere Artikel und allgemein über Notebook relevante Dinge disuktieren. Viel Spass!

Main Menu

Evidence points towards Apple releasing an Intel Core i7-1068NG7 powered MacBook Pro 13

Started by Redaktion, February 17, 2020, 21:25:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Redaktion

Apple is expected to release a new MacBook Pro 13 soon, and one that may feature the company's scissor mechanism keyboard. However, there is evidence that it could feature a custom Ice Lake processor too, which may offer up to 20% improved performance over last year's model.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Evidence-points-towards-Apple-releasing-an-Intel-Core-i7-1068NG7-powered-MacBook-Pro-13.454047.0.html

Arthur

Are you kidding me? Now that Intel has three major lines of laptop processors (G, U & H) which would fit the three Apple laptop lines (Air, Pro 13 & Pro 16) nicely, they still choose to cripple the Air? The Pro 13 having G-line CPUs might not be so bad (we'll see, it's not like G7s have been getting good Cinebench scores), but it would imply that the Air will continue to be the absurdly weak product (Y-line of CPUs) it has been for years, for its price tag. Hopefully not, 'cause it's also bound to get a refresh this year, and I don't think Intel has continued the Y-line. But then again, this is the Apple that still sells iMacs with hard drives.

greggy

Ben James

Evidence points towards the fact that Apple builds systems that are designed to fail, extremely hard to service with batteries glued-in and exotic Apple created tools required for system disassembly. Evidence points to the fact that you can get a Windows PC or Linux system for far less money with a whole lot better performance. Hard for me to believe that anyone still buys Apple computer products.

JonathanX64

Quote from: Ben James on February 18, 2020, 20:34:56
Evidence points towards the fact that Apple builds systems that are designed to fail, extremely hard to service with batteries glued-in and exotic Apple created tools required for system disassembly. Evidence points to the fact that you can get a Windows PC or Linux system for far less money with a whole lot better performance. Hard for me to believe that anyone still buys Apple computer products.

MacBook is the best computer money could buy, that's why people keep buying them. Comparable system with high-resolution screen and same specs usually costs about the same, but it probably won't have 28W chip and 4 high-speed TB3 ports. Why bothering with Windows when you can use actual operating system?

Quick Reply

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Name:
Email:
Verification:
Please leave this box empty:

Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview